Challenges in Maldraxxus not completing with world boss

I had the Chellenges in Maldraxxus quest (Defeat powerful foes) and I went and defeated the world boss Mortanis. I got loot from him. The quest still says 0/1.

I swear I just did this exact same thing yesterday on a different toon and the world boss kill did count for that quest. Wondering why it didn’t this time?

1 Like

If you joined a raid group to kill him, it wouldn’t count for credit.

The quest is pretty specific about what counts for that calling, I’m fairly sure. Two dungeons or a specific elite world quest.

1 Like

Mortanis is not what you need for credit on this calling. It’s either running one of the two Maldraxxus dungeons, or completing the Chosen Champions world quest.

Mortanis is the world boss, where you basically need a raid group (unless you get lucky and a group is already killing him, and you can get a shot in). It’s not a part of the calling.

5 Likes

You’re right Ekon I did join a raid group. It did count for the same quest on my previous character because that was just a server kill. Thanks much I didn’t even consider that.

3 Likes

It’s worth noting that the world boss doesn’t count towards the “Troubles at Home” calling either. And that covenant calling simply says “completing Daily Quests and World Quests, looting treasures, and slating rare creatures” along with the two zone dungeons.

Since there’s definitely a World Quest involved, it’s disappointing that it doesn’t qualify. I’m sure they probably meant “regular crappy WQs with the 12-hour expiration”, but what they actually wrote is misleading.

1 Like

Feedback on this would belong in the Quests forum.