Chains of Domination: A New Path [He Was My Student] quest teleports you to Arathi Highlands

I’m doing the quest [He Was My Student] in Bastion on my mage. After accepting the quest and clicking on Uther’s soul to enter his memory, the player is expected to be teleported to Stormwind and play as Uther. Instead, I get briefly transported to Stormwind then WOW disconnects automatically (WOW51900319). When I log back in, I am teleported in Arathi Highlands (85.48 69.99), hundreds of feet in the air, free falling.

I’ve done this several times with the same output. Abandoning the quest teleports you back in Bastion beside [Polemarch Adrestes].

11 Likes

Having the same issue, have you found a solution?

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue. Is there a solution?

1 Like

I was able to make mine work. So, I just made sure my quest log was clean (literally 0 quests in it), disabled all my addons and checked if I wasn’t pvp mode (I’m Horde) and it worked fine. (I fell to my death 3 times before I figured it out).

I tried 3 times before disabling all addons, and it still bugged out the 4th try. I just wanna fly :frowning:
Its at least a 5 minute run back to the quest each time. Blizz please fix.

Have you gotten it done since you posted this?

I also encountered it, closing the UI and giving up the task. Still the same problem

Luckily I found out I didnt need it for flying. I finished the second campaign and noticed the item in my bag. I would still like to finish it though.

I got mine done a few days ago and only the solution I listed above worked for me (abandoning/completing every single active quest on quest log, even non related to Shadowlands expansion) and starting the quest “He was my student” again. I tested it on PTR before attempting on live servers and I didn’t disconnect whenever I got teleported to Stormwind (Live server), which allowed me to complete the quest.

2 Likes

So what I did was to open a ticket. The support responded that the quest Chains of Domination: A New Path [He Was My Student] is already in their radar and is confirmed that it is bugged. So to allow me to continue with the campaign, the support marked this quest as ‘completed’ which allowed me to continue on to next quest [I Intend to Live Forever].

So, just file a ticket. Good luck :slight_smile:

Addons have nothing to do with it. You just have to try again, AFTER your PVP flag drops. If it bugs it flags you for PVP. And if you try to enter the memory again while you are still flagged it will always bug again.

1 Like

Consider yourself lucky you even got a non automated message and them actually flagging the quest complete considering I’m now on reopen ticket number 3 due to them just refusing to simply flagging a clearly broken quest complete and say it’s a UI issue when it’s clearly a ingame issue. Blizzard cares little about legacy quest these days.

1 Like

i figured out what was giving me the problem you guys mentioned. I wasn’t far enough in the Zereth Mortis story. Once i passed a certain chapter that had Uther. I had no problem finishing it.

2 Likes

Hey Blizzard, this problem still persists. Feel like looking into it?

You made this content, would be nice to be able to finish it, yeah? This is legit broken.

6 Likes

I was able to complete the Ques “He Was My Student” I think the problem persists in the load of the environment and NPCs, which causes the disconnection and when reconnecting we appear falling from the top in the area of Arathi Highlands. After falling I flew from Arathi Highlands to Stormwind, I reached the roof of the cathedral ( because I am Horde ) and ran straight into the library, when i reach the entrance to the library, the npcs in the cathedral disappear, my appearance changes to the Uther and a door appears blocking access to the library, then i walked away from the door and was returned to the bastion, i clicked on the mirror again and appeared inside the library with Arthas as an enemy which allowed me to attack him.
I did all this without having to leave the quest and without disabling any addons.

6 Likes

This works!

It worked for me as well.

Found a workaround.

When I was transported to arathi Highlands, I abaondoned the quest, which teleports you back to Bastion.

Before I accepted the quest again, I did the following

Game Menu (question mark or escape key) >> Options >> System (at the bottom) >> Network

In the Network menu, there are three options.

Optimize network for speed
Enable IPV6 when available
Advanced Combat logging

uncheck them all

Close out of Options menu and back into the game. [Click X on the top right, or close window]

Accept the quest, “He was my student”

Click on the giant mirror to be transported to the instance.

Good Luck.

17 Likes

Had the same issue. Disabled all addons and then went through the mirror, worked perfectly, then re-enabled my addons after the scenario.

1 Like

I’ve had the same issue. Thanks for the info of abandoning the quest that helped speed things along. I tried this. I switched my covenant to the Ascended and it let me do the quest just fine after that.