Chain Mail Bikini. Skimpy, Almost Nude, Near Naked Sexy Outfits

Chain Mail Bikini. Skimpy, Almost Nude, Near Naked Sexy Outfits / Armor. What’s that all about?

In Wow you will notice that a preponderance of players dress their female characters in the skimpiest clothing/armor they can acquire.

You may wonder why do they do it? I have seen this same phenomenon in other mmorpg. In fact. If you are a person who is offended by partial nudity or seeing people in skimpy outfits. I caution you not to play Many Asian mmorpgs. Because you will be shocked.

The bulk of Wow and other mmorpgs populations are male players. That being said. It’s in most of these male players genetics to be intoxicated with the female body. I think its just that simple. But lets explore further.

I have witnessed some players become outraged at another players avatar that apparently is dressed for the beach, Running along in a dungeon. Some players argue that Wow is a family game, that has children playing. But
Then I question that complaint since I might ask if that person who complains about the bikini wearer. Has Ever taken the family to the beach or a swimming pool. Aren’t these locations full of people wearing swimming trunks and swimsuits and bikinis?

Disclaimer: I’m not advocating for ether the use of bikini-outfits or non-use of the bikini outfits in game. I’m just posing the question.

Apart from the moral / social implications of the appearance in games of the chain-mail-bikini. What historic significance can be applied to the wearing of such a skimpy outfit in war?

The chain-mail-bikini is something we have seen in many media representations such as books, comics, movies, theater, and tv. Heroes with what might be considered skimpy or revealing outfits actually first appeared on a mass scale in comic book media during the early 1900s. The reason: People at that time equated power and athletic ability with costumes worn by circus performers: Strongmen, Trapeze flyers, acrobats, etc. Who wore trunks for men swimsuit-like outfits for women or what has come to be known as leotards for both genders. The Idea was, less clothing allowed for greater athletic performance. If you look at all the comic book heroes you have seen notice that for the most part they are wearing colorful leotards. And or fancy trunks or bikinis.

So its not really that much of a leap of imagination to understand why players like the chain-mail-bikini outfit. It couples the allure of the female form and pretty-ness with the aspect of implied power and prowess.

Some people have complained that this type of outfit demeans women. But Women’s magazines are full of the latest fashion trends of skimpy outfits which some Fashion designers and critics praise as celebrating the female form. Some of these fashion models are parading around in fashion shows in what can be called a see-thru outfit that reveals all the model’s personal assets.

Now to the reality of combat. Some arm-chair War-enthusiasts point out that such a skimpy outfit is ridiculous. How can a human survive in a battle-field filled with knights wearing full armor. “that’s just stupid nonsense spouted by uneducated idiots with no knowledge of warfare.” Well, perhaps in a European medieval setting this holds true."

But is that correct for the rest of the world during all of history? No. Since the dawn of time, peoples who have lived in hot countries have warn virtually little more than a loincloth while carrying a sword or spear and shield. The Roman legions encountered Britons (during the summer season) that fought bare-chested with painted bodies. What about Native Americans that (In summer) fought wearing lion cloths against cavalrymen armed with rifles. How about Hawaiians Same thing. Zulu Warriors, Same thing. Just about every aboriginal tribal warrior world wide fought half naked. They would laugh themselves silly if someone showed up for war dressed in full armor.

So. Is the chain mail bikini a legitimate / appropriate outfit for Wow Avatars?

Please share your opinion.

27 Likes

I can buy a slinky chain mail party dress in real life. Slinky party dresses are the native garb of female goblins. Therefore my goblin hunter should be able to wear a chain mail slinky party dress.

17 Likes

Just make it available on male toons.

87 Likes

Many women enjoy skimpy armors. It’s not a male-only thing. I think it can be an issue if skimpy armors are the only option for female characters. People should always have the choice. If it’s optional then I don’t see the problem.

And if you think that fighting with a bikini is unrealistic in a fantasy game, you’re right, it’s a freakin fantasy game.

91 Likes

Honestly I feel on the whole WoW gives a much larger variety of options with most actually leaning towards quite tame costumes.

It’s kinda nothing in comparison to most other mmos you’ll see.

As to chain mail bikinis and the like, I don’t mind either way. If someone wants to be as little clothed or as much clothed as they want, they should go for it.

5 Likes

What? That’s absurd, I… oh, nevermind.

7 Likes

Didn’t Red Sonya wear a chain mail bikini? Also the main character from the D&D novel, Azure Bonds wore one too but I think it was actually only one part of the book and it was like some weird sacrifice ritual “armor” these weirdos put on her who were going to kill her?

In the Robert Howard Conan Novels. (actually an offshoot story set in another time period.) Red Sonja Was depicted as wearing a blouse, trousers, long boots, bandana, waist sash. And I think she fought more like a combat rogue: Saber, flintlock pistol and she hurled fused hand bombs. This scene I think was set during the siege of Vienna year 1485. If I remember correctly. I think there was one chapter were she carried a two handed sword.

Note in the Conan the barbarian novels most of the characters that were barbarians wore practically no clothing except for perhaps a kilt-like article or lion-cloths.

But in the Marvel comics is when Red Sonja was depicted / drawn as wearing the chain mail bikini. She fights more as a warrior with sword and shield and sometime two handed swords or battle axe.

Red Sonja was a powerful Fiery Red Headed battle hardened Fighter. with a mean disposition. Legend had it that she got her power from a goddess. To some degree Red Sonja was the precursor to the Zena Princess Warrior mythos. In my opinion.

8 Likes

I ain’t reading all that

47 Likes

IF male can be topless so should female!

for real tho i think bikinis are fine

6 Likes

its pixels in a video game

u didnt need to write a dissertation about this

44 Likes

Yes we do. I am professor Kuwu. Have your paper on my desk in the morning.

11 Likes

Um…thanks captain obvious? Who woulda thought that males (of all species not just human mind you) are predisposed with a drive for the female body.

8 Likes

One word,PAIN,omg.

Well gay men wouldnt?

5 Likes

what does that have to do with anything

6 Likes

It’s a common fantasy trope, doesn’t mean anything. If one talks about bikini armor, one must also talk about the male barbarian armor as well, otherwise you are just being a hypocrite.

Celts would charge into battle nude. Personally I think the WoW devs should take inspiration :wink:.

13 Likes

You think the WoW devs should work in the nude? They’ve had enough trouble in the workplace when everyone had their pants on.

6 Likes

Whatever gets the job done!

1 Like

We’re lucky that the Blizzard censors haven’t taken away the skimpy armors.

8 Likes