Certain Emerald Dreamway Portals Not Working

The CS forums would be the wrong place. The devs do not come here for player feedback, if you think you have found a bug, post on Bug Reports, or if you have a suggestion, post on General Discussion.

3 Likes

Yes it actually is, it might not work out the exact way they wanted, but it is very much there intentionally. A bug is something that isn’t working the way it should because of an error in the code. Again not liking the way something works is NOT a bug. If you wish to suggest that something in game works differently then it is designed you would want to post in the General Forums so that the Devs can see it.

Even if this was a bug this isn’t the correct place to post about that either. You would want to report bugs in the Bug Reports forum.

3 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know there was a Bugs Report forum. Sorry. And I’ll let you have the last word that every feature of WoW is there intentionally. I won’t refute that.

Actually it was flagged as “spam” (not “necro”) according to the message I received from Blizzard. There was no explanation why it was flagged that way. I used the word “garbage” instead of “spam” because I thought the latter might invoke a filter. So I was trying to use the most accurate word possible without invoking any filter.

Necros are considered spam by the COC.

1 Like

I spent a couple of minutes trying to figure out what you meant by CoC. After some googling I figured out you probably meant Code of Conduct. So I then looked up the Blizzard forums code of conduct. I quote the definition of Spamming below. Your assertion is not supported. Here’s what the Blizzard forum CoC actually says:

Spamming or Trolling

This category includes:

• Excessively communicating the same phrase, similar phrases, or pure gibberish
  • Creating threads for the sole purpose of causing unrest on the forums
  • Causing disturbances in forum threads, such as picking fights, making off topic posts that ruin the thread, insulting other posters
  • Making non-constructive posts
  • Abusing the Reported Post feature by sending false alarms or nonsensical messages
  • Numbering a thread, IBTL, TLDR, or any other fad statements

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, he/she will:

• Be given a temporary or permanent ban from the forums, depending upon severity

So this thread about portals is now about arguing forum rules?

Seems to have outlived its usefulness.

7 Likes

Just for edification’s sake since it’s outside the scope of the thread, there’s a forum code of conduct and there’s a forums guidelines (the guidelines are usually stickied to the top of each forum). In this case, it’s the guidelines that covers the resurrection of old threads.

Like Teufelgott mentioned early on, I wouldn’t worry too much about it seeing that it was related to the original topic and was closer to a followup, rather than a pointless “bump”.

What may have contributed to the flagging was the assertion that there was a bug as that belongs in a different forum (that I see you have recently learned about, so no foul there). Additionally, there was some suggestions/feedback intermingled in the post which also belongs in a different forum.

In the end, when dealing in the Support forums, unless it’s a direct continuation of the previous support, it’s best to not resurrect anything beyond two-ish weeks old.

8 Likes

I feel we’ve gotten a bit off topic so I’m going to lock this one up. Thanks all!

4 Likes