CC Thread: Making Solo Farming in Old Legacy Raids less....annoying

Azerite armor yes, azurite power tokens for HoA, not so much.

I wasn’t refering to conduits actually but more the ‘legendary memories’ for post SL, as well as the fiasco that were Shards of Domination (Idk if those are still in the drop table or not tbh, but I’d maxed one out through LFR only to take a week or two break and then boom it’s useless now which is a TERRIBLE feel)

If you start it and let him despawn, you can just swim past him and finish the run (as long as you can handle the water dmg)

None of those items took an item drop. They were all bonus loot.

Using 20 player raid, you would get 5 items + an AP token for every eligible member of the raid in BFA.

Conduits, Domination Gems, AP, and Legendary Memories are push-loot, meaning they don’t actually affect the loot drops of the bosses. :slight_smile:

I believe Relics are the only non-gear that are part of the actual loot table, as they’re essentially the “weapons” of Legion.

Even moving Relics to push-loot would be better than the current system.

Getting 5 relics from Nythendra and nothing else when I was hunting the trinket for Timewalking was a horrible feeling.

1 Like

Ah, that’s good to know how it works behind the scenes, I just go ‘it’s in their pockets when I steal their lunch money, it’s loot’. Alot of that stuff is not communicated well in game, like how the old MoP bonus loot rolls worked where it was 100% clear you were spinning bonus loot

As a bonus, if your character or account already has the respective conduit/shard or memory learned, it is no longer on the loot table.

That is kind of problematic if you are in there for a quest which requires you to channel a dispel on the water for one of it’s objectices (For the ‘Pride of Kul-Tiras’ quest line) and also doesn’t help if you want one of his drops for mog purposes

If you look in the dungeon journal now, it separates items into loot and conduits/memories into bonus loot.

There was someone in the Secret Finders discord who couldnt figure out why he couldn’t get the last 8 memories he needed - turns out he had put them in his bank months before, lol.

That’s a bit of an improvment then, honestly I’ve not been able to really get into playing on retail for some time now as I burned out hard after flight unlock in ZM just cause, for me, all ZM is as a place is “Oh look, a new hamster wheel with 30 variable gears I have to spin at the same time to do things and grind currency that’s going to become worthless soon enough anyway” I do still try to rp with my guildies but it’s…demoralizing still

It’s been a great change. I just wish they had retroactively gone back and done it to Relics. Lol.

2 Likes

That would solve that problem at least, yeah. I really hope they do alot of evergreen content fixes when the drop 9.2.5 at this point as SL has just…burned me out so bad cause it’s just…so many wheels of grind inside each other (I guess you could say patterns within patterns of unpleasant content built around psychological manipulation)

What I was talking about didn’t change any of the loot logic, just how it was presented in the dungeon journal

Yes, but having it presented in the journal in that way is more informative of how it actually works. There’s a serous problem in WoW where you have to go to a dozen places that aren’t the game to know how things in the game actually function which is…not a good place for it to be at.

I freaking love the run speed idea, disregard my plea for the bear tartare I made yesterday

The raid skips were added in BRF but that was to go straight to the last boss though

Hi Maizou, I also provided some input here GD: Making Solo Farming in Old Legacy Raids Less… Annoying?

• Army of alts and their negative aspect for collectors and new players.

• Mounts with really low drop, example anniversary doom walker that even Blizzard changed the drop because they know that was an issue.

• Nzoth fight blocked by legenday cloak due to mind control

• Blizzard nerfed Bear tartare instead of promoting speed items for old content.

Some of this points, I already mentioned on twitter directly to the Dev that created protoform synthesis when she asked about feedback some days ago, but still are valid points, since protoform synthesis was a good idea that players doesn’t need too many alts compared to farming mounts on korthia with 1% drop or previous expansion drops.

1 Like

This exact point was mentioned as feedback to the dev that created protoform synthesis since a lot of patterns doesn’t have any hint and you must use an addon or wowhead to find those items.

Yep, not to mention that all the mats are BoP, inventory items and not currencies that you must, again, grind for.

I’m just…I’m so tired of Grinding so much, I’m an adventurer for pete’s sake, not a miller!

My main issue with Protoform is:

The amount of Genesis Motes required - I understand if you dedicate time to farming them, it’s not that bad. But I don’t think we should have to. We should get enough through normal gameplay. But we don’t. The fact rares don’t drop any is weird. If they made rares drop 10ish each time, the motes would be perfectly fine.

Some of the drops are WAY too rare - like Glimmers of Cunning/Satisfaction and Wind’s Infinite Call. The bane of my existence right now are the tools from Lihuvim. I’m 0/24 on them and I’ve lost the will to keep doing LFR for them.

2 Likes

True, I mentioned that via tweet to the developer, it’s not fun at all, the 700 cache doens’t provide enough, raid bosses too… that farm groups on a spot it’s not good gameplay.

Rares droping 10 should be really great compared to farming one spot,some of those drops at least for me are better that before that was 1 attempt per character per day, since some new items can be farmed in a single spot killing a lot of npcs, but i would prefer a better approach like puzzles or questlines. there’s some items like the gold lingot from the teleport path that’s awful, I did the intro for the protoform on 4 alts to get that one and Lihuvim item too.