Catalyst not working with season 4 gear obtained before hotfix

It seems that the fix to allow veteran outdoor gear, etc, to be usable in the catalyst is not retroactive. Any gear obtained before the fix still doesn’t work.

Please fix this, it’s really not cool to have characters who have gotten champion/hero gear and not be able to convert it when people who get it a few days later can. ;(

6 Likes

Seconded. Please fix or at least tell us what’s up. I can’t even confirm the hotfix worked as I am all out of chances.

I have no idea what should and shouldn’t be eligible for catalyst this season.

I spent the early part of the week blasting through outdoor world content to see which rewards had changed/got updated, plus running TW BT.

On my main, I got 1 piece of TW Hero gear, 3 pieces of Champion (one that was from TW), and 4 pieces of Veteran. Of those, only four would typically be eligible for catalyst (the rest were weapons, trinkets, etc.)

Only the Champion TW piece is eligible at the catalyst, the Hero TW is not, and two Veteran pieces from outdoor world content are not.

I assumed this was intentional until I saw the latest hotfix. It seems you’re right, the change was not retroactive.

4 Likes

Just out of curiosity I checked heroic dungeon gear, and it doesn’t qualify either. But I have some random blue gear, that I guess came from a world quest that is…

2 Likes

Noting that some gear obtained after the hotfix also doesn’t catalyst (which could be because the fix was published before it was pushed?). Can we get a fix to this? Really demoralizing that hero stuff obtained before the hotfix can’t be turned into tier, especially for those of us who don’t raid at a high enough level to get replacement pieces.

4 Likes

The blue Explorer gear from non Awakened weekly quests (i.e. Amirdrassil seed quest, Superbloom, etc) can be catalyzed into S4. It’s a mess of trying to figure what works.

1 Like

I wish - I had only the world boss to do on all my characters when they hotfixed that. Now I have a bunch of gear sitting in my bags I haven’t equipped because I didn’t want to break up my S3 tier.

So I basically wasted my time doing all that weekly on 15 characters.

1 Like

and that gear isn’t supposed to be - I am not wasting flightstones upgrading that gear.

Bumping this. I’ve got multiple pieces that still won’t catalyze, very disappointing the hotfix didn’t retroactively work.

1 Like

Heres my question i can’t find anwswer too. I just used the catalyst to upgrade some 480 purple pants to teir. But it gave me Season 3 pants with Season 4 perks, So it doesn’t count towards gear set numbers. What gives?

A few days ago, I was able to use the catalyst on an alt for a 467 Adventurer-track rare cloak I looted while doing a timewalking dungeon but not any Veteran-track gear.  As an additional insult (because of the deficiencies in the catalyst tooltip UI), when I converted said cloak it turned into a non-upgradeable 467 epic cloak.

Everything about Dragonflight Season 4 has been a mess.

2 Likes

S4 is its own discrete set, so even if the bonus is the same as the S3, they do not mix and match unfortunately.

Would like to add another bug onto this, some gear that can be converted to tier, like gear from timewalking dungeons can be converted, but if you do, you can no longer upgrade them after they are converted so fully upgrade them before you convert.

1 Like

Chiming in here. The heroic shoulders I got from my timewalking cache should be able to be converted to tier but they aren’t. Would love to know if Blizzard has at least recognized this problem.

1 Like

I also opened my TW Black Temple cache and received a heroic track helm that I can’t use on the catalyst. Please resolve this blizzard!

1 Like

This. My most “important” characters I of course played first and they can’t use the catalyst. My less used characters that did quests later in the week got the same items and can. Grrr… please fix!

Edit: Clarification

4 Likes

Same. Bottom 3 are good to go…1st 10 not so much. This should be retro-fixed, but I doubt it will be. As much gear as we are getting, hopefully it will be fixed fairly quickly.

Well, not retroactive. Think I will play alts for a few days this week first…

Looks like after maintenance today the hero track gear obtained from the black temple TW quest can now be used in the catalyst, even the gear obtained before the original fix.

Veteran gear from world quests pre-fix still don’t work, but that’s far less of any issue since veteran gear is much easier to come by.

Not sure about champion gear from the weekly yet.

This really needs fixing, some toons I ran before the hotfix got 3-4 pieces I was hoping to convert using the catalyst.

1 Like