Catalyst Failed (can a moderator lock this ****)

I also don’t care why you experienced it. That wasn’t the question. Why are you the ONLY ONE that experienced it? If the bug was on Blizzard’s end, it should be affecting more than just one player.

As I said, I do not know. You literally posted the answer to your question… in your question

No I expect you to describe or show some kind of proof/evidence. You’re the one making the claim that such a bug exists.

I’m out. I’m worried whatever cognitive issues you have might be digitally transmissible.

Good luck with your boots.

1 Like

I expect you to read the thread and understand that I no longer care about what happened, because no one has any proof for either side.

No one here knows anyone else here, no one here can vouch for anyone either. I’ve said everything that has happened literally like 15 times already in the thread

Let’s just say for arguments sake that anyone believes you and this is true. If you knew how catalyst and tier was supposed to work, which you should given the ridiculous flow of info on the subject, when you saw that tooltip alarm bells should have gone off. You did it anyway.

1 Like

The only information on the subject is information that is not within the game. This is improper game design. The tooltip is what made me make the item

edit; because of a UI bug, that apparently no one else has had

Almost sounds like you put in one (tier specific) slot to check it out, moused over and saw the bonus, went and looked at a different or higher item level slot or something and assumed you’d be getting a bonus based on what you saw a few moments earlier.

That would be a fairly easy mistake to make… But, that said, if it happens again next week to the point where you are actually seeing a bonus on say bracers or whatnot… that might be interesting to know about.

The only person to be mad at is yourself.
You f*cked up, you didn’t pay attention and you stepped in fire. Now you’re dead and you come to the forum to “WTF Blizz” on a non-issue.
Man up to your mistake, there was absolutely no reason to make it in the first place. You’ll find no sympathy here.

Yeah, not gonna happen. I’m just going to assume you messed up and were too incompetent to either do your research ahead of time like 99% of the rest of people know/did and/or lacked the sense to actually look at what you were making before you made it to see it didn’t have a tier set bonus on the piece.

I honestly do not care near enough to scroll up to try and find the actual proof you claim exists or, more likely, proof I’m right.

Yes this is very possible but as far as I know, I remember it specifically saying for the piece of gear I made.

I am not looking for sympathy, as I have said 5 times - I do not care anymore and I stopped caring 10 minutes after the issue occurred

there is no proof you are right or wrong, nor is there proof that I am right or wrong

Mm… Well, one thing you might be able to experiment with… If you have an alt with a low end bit of mythic gear with a non-tier slot that is eligible, put it into the console and see what shows. Don’t actually make the item, but see if the interface is still showing you a bonus where there shouldn’t be.

At least then that would solidify what happened, and where to look next if you wanted to fix it.

It tells you what your item will turn into though.

System sucks don’t get me wrong but how do you not mouseover the new item and read what it turns into?

Actually there is proof I am right.

Blizzard themselves said the CC could make TIER pieces and even clarified and said ONLY the initial 5 pieces would have the bonuses. The non bonus pieces are still part of the actual tier set.

The CC also showed you in a preview window what the new item being made was and this includes the tier bonus effect. You are not near special enough to get a unique bug.

Stop trying to defend your dumb mistake and own it. You got your tier boots or whatever. Next week you can actually be smart and make a tier item with a tier bonus on it.

1 Like

The UI tells you exactly what you will get out of it… entirely your fault if you didn’t pay even a surface level’s attention.

I am not the father…

Yea I did a bunch of testing after it happened and I haven’t been able to recreate the bug

unfortunately there was a UI glitch that said the item would give tier bonus but it’s whatever

same thing

same thing

This thread is so aids and can’t be taken even slightly seriously at this point, so I’m just gonna start doing bible quotes.

pls daddy i love you

Don’t post it on the forum then. Why showcase your own shortcoming?
The issue was 30cm in front of the screen.

Exactly, why showcase my own shortcoming? Because I believe a UI bug happened - THAT IS WHY.

You know I’m not sure why they just don’t do like they did with Tier 6… Every piece had the bonus on it, but it only had a bonus for 4 pieces… but you could fill whatever slot you wanted with the bonus set piece. Specially since it is a ‘class’ set and not a ‘spec’ set… So you wouldn’t be able to wear two sets and try to break the game that way.

But then I guess we wouldn’t have all of this entertaining drama on the forums.

1 Like