Catalyst Failed (can a moderator lock this ****)

So the catalyst clearly stated that my item would be turned into a tier item. Put the item in, spent the 6 day wait time and got a new item back; the new item is not a tier item.

Why. The game legit only lets you put in very specific pieces of gear (literally leading ANYONE to think that this means it will give tier), only for it not to give the tier. The game even says it will give the tier. I googled what happened and have learned that the item I put in apparently isn’t allowed to become a tier item, even though the CATALYST SAID IT WOULD.

So why am I even allowed to put it in and incur the WEEK LONG COOLDOWN.

edit: can’t wait to make a ticket only to be told that the game is working as intended ffs

5 Likes

What slot item did you put in?

5 Likes

They clearly stated the 5 slots that turn tier…some people don’t read. It MUST be helm/chest/shoulders/gloves/pants. Anything else becomes a NORMAL raid item.

I expected this to happen but not to this degree…wow.

33 Likes

No, actually the game clearly stated that my item would be turned into a tier item, even showing the tier bonuses on the item.

1 Like

Sorry, but did you not read that only Shoulders, Hands Legs, Helm and Chest would only be transformed tr tier? Not only that, but when you put the piece in, if you do not SEE the piece has the TIER BONUS, you would think it would not xform into tier?

Just silly tbh. Im a world player and even knew that!!

7 Likes

Yes the bonus was there.

there’s gonna be people that are gonna wanna use this to unlock the tier set for tmog.

1 Like

What item did you put in? I put in boots earlier just to see what future transmog item I’d get and the boots did not have tier on them.

2 Likes

I used boots, because for me that messed with the stats the least while giving the tier and then it didn’t give it xd

This is not possible, unless it’s a big UI bug.

I have tested this. If you put in a non-tier slot, it will show no bonuses. If you put in a tier slot (even if you do not have any tier initially), it will show the bonuses.

14 Likes

Just cut your losses bud blizz aren’t going to do anything

Boots have never been tier to my knowledge

Next weeks a new week

1 Like

The game lied to me, so it’s fine that I now must wait 150 hours lol

I call BS then because when I hovered my mouse over new boots, tier bonus did NOT show.

12 Likes

No no it was not!

3 Likes

It showed for me

Going to go out on a limb and guess that when you put boots in, the output item it showed you didn’t, in fact, come with set bonuses. It being called Luminous Chevalier’s WhateverthePallybootsarecalled doesn’t mean it’s a “tier” piece.

10 Likes

Unless you have proof nothing can be done, even if you had proof I’d hazard a guess blizz still wouldn’t fix it.

It is what it is

3 Likes

I used the catalyst purely to get a tier item, I spent 20 minutes looking at all my pieces of gear trying to decide what was the best choice. It did in fact say it would give the tier bonus

1 Like

How do you people not read or comprehend set bonus pieces?!

4 Likes

Yea that’s what it ****ing said on my screen dude lmao

1 Like