Catalina + Battle.net Install = No-go! 32-bit Installer

Catalina + Battlenet Install = No-go! 32-bit Installer.

Any ideas, mods? :slight_smile:

Edit: As a note, I cannot add “Battle(dot)net” to my post because it says you can’t share links on the forums… I tried to hide the preview but still get the same error message.

2nd Edit: For anyone struggling with this, a workaround is to install Battle(dot)net on another, older, MacOS and copy the Battle(dot)net application to the new Catalina install.

Hey Arzen,

I was able to clean install a fresh copy of the app on the new 10.15 Catalina update on a Mac we have here at the office without any issue. What error are you getting trying to run the installer? I’d be happy to help investigate.

Thanks!

1 Like

I can’t download the Battle(dot)net on my Mac Os 10.15 Catalina, always comes up with the Failed Network Error.
www.blizzard(dot)com/en-us/apps/battle.net/desktop
This is the link i use to download from.
Is there any workaround for this?

Mazamm, if you’re still struggling with this, a workaround is to install Battle(dot)net on another, older, MacOS and copy the Battle(dot)net application to the new Catalina install.

Failed Network Error means the setup file was corrupted on the actual download itself. This is often related to a corrupted connection such as unstable WiFi but can occur on a wired connection of the download is corrupted. I would recommend to try the following steps:

1. Power Cycle the home network’s modem and router to refresh the connection to all devices on the network and to the Internet Service Provider. Steps on how to do this can be found Here.
  • If possible switch to a wired connection or try another connection such as tethering your phone to see if the download completes.

Thank you.

1 Like

I was also getting that same error – but only under Catalina – even Firefox would “time out” the download at the full download size.

1 Like

Hey there,

Errors such as “Timed out” and “Network Error” are typically related to security settings on either the device or network. I’d go ahead and try this link first. Then if that does not work, maybe try a different network such as a mobile hotspot, internet cafe, or similar. That way we can verify if the problem is with the network or the device and focus our troubleshooting.

Thanks!

1 Like

That link is for a .EXE file. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It does download though…

Sorry about that, I fixed the link to download the ZIP file instead. Thanks for letting me know <3

2 Likes

Download totally works. However, when you try to launch it on Catalina, this error message appears:

“Battle.net-Setup-enUS” needs to be updated.
The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

2 Likes

This is odd. I just did a fresh, clean-slate install of Catalina a couple of days ago and the battle.net app offered for download at the official site worked perfectly for me. Perhaps there’s issues with CDNs propagating the newer installer?

I still have it sitting in my downloads folder. Here’s what Get Info on it looks like:

Thanks for following up!

Since the other download links are working, and only the new one is giving the “network error,” we may want to temporarily test a different network connection such as an internet cafe, mobile hotspot, friends house, or similar. This will help verify if there is some kind of cache or setting that’s defunct.

Let us know if this works. Thanks again for following up with us and for your patience in these matters.

1 Like

Wise choice. Catalina only stopped being trouble for me after a clean install with no legacy crap left over.

I have this problem too - very strange indeed. I’ve tried a few different networks, hotspots etc. Catalina just network time outs when trying to download your battle.net app. The other links posted in this thread download fine, but they are not the build of battle.net for Catalina (they appear to be older 32bit builds)

Hey there Span,

Another thing to try is using different regions to download the app, such as the Europe page.

1 Like

I am getting this same issue. I tried the zip link and it successfully downloaded but gave an error:

“Battle.net-Setup-enUS” needs to be updated.
The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS. Contact the developer for more information.

All other download attempts from the official site fail, including when I tried the Europe page.

There’s currently a known issue with the “Failed - Network Error.” We are aware of the issue and have a main thread on our Blizzard forums. Some of the installations won’t work due to the 64-bit requirement and we are aware of the Blizzard website trying to install the 32-bit client instead some times. Retrying the link a few times should get it working. Could you try this link instead? You may need to switch the region after it’s installed for the Americas.

Thanks for the report! We are aware and looking into both issues!

2 Likes

Thank you, yes that worked!