Cataclysm Classic PvP Season 9 Ends on October 21

Heads up, PvPers! The current season of ranked play will end at 10:00 p.m. on October 21. At that time, we’ll begin an offseason.

We wish you the best of luck fighting to a glorious finish!

How about a release date for the raid for all of us non pvper’s who don’t care about the end of the pvp season and maybe some communication as a whole on Legendary Staff quest changes for the cadence of the xpac. Seems like were always getting last minute post 5-7 days before something is launched when the devs promised better communication with the community at the start of the xpac and its gotten worse not better.

3 Likes

This isn’t your thread. But given that there is typically a week of “off-season” I would think a reasonable estimate would be patch release on 10/29, with the raid opening up on 10/31. Maybe the following week if they don’t want to release on Halloween.

@Kaivax can you guys share what is to be expected for post-season gear price/rating changes or conquest point conversions? A bunch of us lost a ton of saved points with the miscommunications at the end of WotLK Season 4.

1 Like

So Firelands will be released on Halloween???

realistically 24th

1 Like

No, because there is a one-week gap without an arena season, and then the new season begins the following week, coinciding with the new raid. Therefore, Firelands will not launch on the 24th but rather on the 31st.

I still think keeping phase 1 raid’s up for over 5 months is actually hilarious…

LMAO
dead xpac

2 Likes

Firelands when

Right!!! Then they blatantly disrespect the players by trying to force us to believe that "ZA/ZG was phase 2.’”

Historically, each new phase in Classic has included at least one new raid. From TBC to WotLK, every phase—with the exception of Phase 5 in WotLK (Ruby Sanctum)—has introduced a new Arena season along with at least one new raid. In the opinion of many players and myself, the introduction of two 5-man heroic dungeons, which only offered gear bridging the gap between heroic dungeons and normal raids, does not constitute a “PHASE.”

@littlelasters - Should have been released in July!!!

But my guess is it will be a Halloween launch!!! Hope you dont have any kids because trick or treating is canceled.

At this point I think they are going to pull another ulduar for the staff.

lol nah i just quit the game. Im not waiting around for them to lie to me all year again. They apologized for poor communication at launch. Said things would be different and cata will be so much quicker and more fun. Then they do the EXACT same thing…im good on that lol.

theyre making P2 and 3 Faster 3 months each lol but made us sit there P1 for 6 months

You guys are really going to drop Firelands on Halloween, aren’t you? You realize nobody wants that?

I don’t want anyone knocking on my door and I don’t want to train my kid(s) to go out and knock on people’s door expecting a hand out. What’s next, we tell them don’t do that with a van.

To each their own I suppose though. We did know that Firelands would drop in October. I don’t see Microsoft putting it out the same week as Black Ops 6.

Plus, society celebrates Halloween any and everyday before the actual date these days to maximize on candy profit. You can pick any day you want to trick or treat. Ask the street workers about it.

And I must agree, this has NOTHING to do with PVP and shouldn’t be discussed here.

lmao sorry you hate fun

Guessing those kids are hypothetical

You can go trick or treat ALL WEEK long. Go trunk or treat at all the church’s that Sunday.

I don’t want you teaching your kid(s) to knock on strangers door for candy. Teach them to do it with unmarked vans. At least they actually want to give your kids candy.

What a weird thing to say. Plenty of normal people in normal neighborhoods enjoy decorating and having trick-or-treaters. If people don’t want visitors on Halloween, they leave their porch lights off.

I don’t even have plans for the 31st, I’m just annoyed that we’re still doing Thursday releases when the whole point of that was to line up the releases worldwide with China. Chinese servers are in Wrath now so it doesn’t make any sense to keep releasing on Thursdays. Wednesday would make a lot more sense.

Blizzard’s decision to launch Cataclysm raids on Halloween is more of a trick rather than a treat, especially for the adult players who might have to juggle raiding with taking the kids trick-or-treating. But hey, it’s just another way to demonstrate the extent of their disrespect for the Cata player base.