Cataclysm “classic” is never going to happen

Based

10char

Do you think Blizzard is going to actually waste development time and money on adding cut content? Can I come to live in your fantasy land Cow-man?

1 Like

I would bet good money they do Cata.

They will probably keep WotLK era alive too.

Cata may be “the start of retail” or whatever, but the start is a hell of a lot different than it ended up. There’s a niche audience for it and honestly SoM proves they’re willing to do classic for smaller audiences.

I really loved cata. It’s my fav after wotlk.
They got creative with armor sets, reforging terrible stats to useful ones or playing a particular way was fantastic.

Xmog is debatable for me. I love it but I also love seeing what everyone is actually wearing. Made the Devs have to actually design good looking stuff :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was in support of classic but at this point i wouldn’t be surprised if it fails. Its not even Classic any more but their wishful thinking of ‘correcting’ what the actual dev team did which was make a game with players in mind.

ONLY if they make pvp gear viable and able to obtain as easily as potato lvl raids are.

Arena in classic would be fun as well

Casual pvpers have every reason to want Cata classic - they can get all pvp gear except 2200 weapons with no rating requirement.

The wrath fans have some massive wishful thinking here. If we couldn’t get 1 era server for TBC, there is a 0% chance they would do an era server for wrath.

1 Like

SOM came out like right after TBCreleased. It was a horrible launch window, and that’s the reason it failed. There’s not even a point to have a discussion about it.

the difference is way way more ppl like wrath than tbc.

Classic ends with wrath, mark my words.

This. And bg leveling gets way better with easy heirlooms and lootbags. Cata was great. The longer we stay in Wrath I think the grass is always greener effect will take hold and more and more players will be hungry for the Cata changes.

Um… we don’t talk about that here.

SoM came out right in the middle of TK and SSC raiding which was a highpoint for TBC. Terrible timing and that is the end of it. I don’t want to say the typical “but itll be better dis time i swear!!” but I do think that SoM is deserving of another chance at the limelight. But knowing Blizzard if they came to this conclusion they would release a new Classic season two weeks after ICC comes out.

Gonna just swing in here and point out that class & stat homogenization happened in Wrath too with Crit, Hit & Haste all affecting melee, ranged & spells and multiple classes providing the same buffs.

I never played Cata so I personally would be interested in Cata Classic for that reason and that reason alone, but when people talk about class & stat homogenization being one of the big reasons Cata was so bad, I laugh because Wrath has done the same exact stuff and y’all hail it as the BEST expansion of all time.

Don’t get me wrong though, Wrath raids are amazing and I definitely agree that Ulduar is awesome (ICC’s my favorite), but I swear, some people just live to hate things I guess.

1 Like

Only good thing about Cata was plate classes no longer stealing mail, leather, and cloth.

1 Like

You have zero evidence to back up your claim, but even if I granted you your personal speculation, it’s still irrelevant. An era realm for any iteration of WoW is always doomed to the same fate. Nobody wants to play on a static state realm where progression halts, everyone is stuck on the same tier forever, and zero new content or changes are added. Constant progression loops are the nature of MMOs and era realms contradict this core aspect of the genre. WOTLK era would have an even worse fate than vanilla era because of all the catch up gear via badges that makes everything except ICC completely irrelevant.

1 Like

I am on the fence about what to expect with Cata.

No way I would play Cataclysm again, for me it was one of the worst and most boring expansions they ever made.
I would love classic+ with better class balance and harder content.

I can’t say for certain with every class, but disc priest in cata are absolutely not the same as retail. That’s the main reason I would keep playing classic until legion or whenever it was they changed them.