Cataclysm “classic” is never going to happen

Let’s be real here, we all know and understand that Mists of Pandaria classic is on its way

5 Likes

Unless D4 is miraculously better than I expect or they reboot WoW or make more serious changes in its current development, I just don’t expect to be playing Blizzard’s games going forward. This is kind of a last hurrah.

Cata wasn’t terrible, but why replay it? Legion was the best xpac I played after LK and I still don’t see a point in seeing it a second time around.

5 Likes

And yet people out there did enjoy cataclysm. And like the raids and lore. So there’s that.

2 Likes

I dont get why somebody would want to play classic when retail is a better version of classic. Cata and retail are nearly the same game with the exception of Systems but since cata will be coming out in dragonflight and dragonflight isnt going to be full of borrowed power\artifact systems then i see no point in cata.

Would be better just doing timewalking to cata raids\dungeons in retail imo. Cata classes suck compared to retail too. Only a few specs feel good to play. Compared to WOTLK or retail.

I mean blizz would have to pay me to play that garbage known as retail wow, but I would check out cata classic and mop classic.

Played Cata a bit and the core of the game is still there, even though the flavor is heavily cut in favor of simplification.

MOP never touched but many tell me it is a great version of the game. I’d check it out.

Would not go any further than that, I hear WOD is awful and by that point there is nothing left of what makes the game great. It’s just a queuecraft transmog collection sim at that point.

I think if Blizz does some significant changes to cata to appeal more to the classic community, like less class pruning and more pre nerf content, it will attract plenty of players. I would certainly like to try out some pre nerf Cata heroics for example, I hear they are very good.

2 Likes

The only option is not a classic +. The best option would be to release cat, but completely change all the things that make it bad. Dont change the classes. Dont change pvp. Dont add in raid finder. Dont add in party finder. And fix the raid mechanics to make them more user friendly, since most people agree they were too hard. Basically give us the content but not the changes

2 Likes

Right, I’d play Cata.

1 Like

I quit the sinking ship of retail in cataclysm and never turned back but this would be a shockingly fantastic decision by decision by blizzard. Flying was one of the most catastrophic decisions ever in WoW and by far the worst part about tbc.

IMO they removed fun with garbage like LFD, LFR, and really all things cross realm, killing the social aspect of the game.

Classes were pruned of iconic abilities (taking away fun), stats were pruned (made boring), classes were homogenized (every class is the same with different colors and animations aka boring).

The game was watered down significantly over the years, and this paradigm shift went full scale in cataclysm.

The audience that wanted classes are the people who quit over this shift, and zero of them are interested in cataclysm. The entire core audience of classic would quit if cataclysm was rereleased. Classic dies with the Lich King.

9 Likes

Its gonna happen and people will play it. Everything will be alright sweetie.

6 Likes

I probably would play it if it came out. I enlisted in the military near the end of TBC and missed nearly all of the expansions. I’d would definitely be willing to give it a chance.

I really wish blizzard sent out the survey to everyone instead of selective players. Especially when it came to classic, tbc, and wrath.

9 Likes

Whats fun is in 8 years when were caught up fully to retail we can start over with vanilla classic. “WoW Classic Remastered” or “WoW Classic 2”

Says the dude getting hard carried.

There will be a Cata Classic because it will get some people to play it. It will probably have changes and be shortened. I doubt it will be a ton of changes - probably 2 or 3 noticeable things but not tons because they don’t want to lose the “don’t change things” audience while they also attract the “I hated this and am glad it’s gone” crowd.

Then Blizz’ll play up Classic Pandaria, because many more people will return for that. It’ll be worth it for them to get returning player subs again. They won’t pass up the money from Pandaria.

2years from now i doubt that anyone would want to login to play WotlkC, “many will quit in first few weeks of wotlk release tough xD” but in 2years you’ll all be begging blizzard to release the next new expansion even if that’s Cataclysm.

This. And the other stuff too. Cata is where it all started going wrong.

8 Likes

It will happen because it’s incredibly easy for Blizzard to do for a quick buck. The real question is will they get rid of Wrath servers or not? That’s the one that could potentially lose a lot of players.

1 Like

Somehow I doubt that the people in charge of Blizzard or Microsoft told you their future plans with this project. You’re going to need to actually cite some sources here, sockpuppet.
:axe:

You do realize a Wrath and TBC survey happened right?

WoD had no chores….

That was one of its main complaints, there was nothing to do besides raid log or PvP.

You didn’t even need to go farm mats for consumes with the garrison.