Cataclysm “classic” is never going to happen

Cata classic is 100% coming because it’s basically free money hello?

Doesn’t matter if the PVP is not fun.

If it has RDF, i’d like it more than wrath reforged. I say we keep wrath reforged servers running, and bring in cata as it was originally.

explain private servers. some have run for 5-10 years on same expansion would prob still be up if blizzard did not intervene

Rather start over than play retail. What we really need is a new game. WoW has run it’s course.

1 Like

You mean the non existence of vibrant private era realms? Seems my point is proven. Every private wrath server that stayed alive was a fresh reset. Sorry buddy, nobody wants to spam ICC on the same patch for all time.

go ahead and let cata come out for wrath servers but also develop classic+ for the exsisting vanilla servers and future seasons

Atleast if they release cata it will remind every how bad the game is, people are even realising it with wrath, it’s fun but there’s not much to do and is extremely fast paced. Vanilla is the best version and the more bad expansion releases they bring out the more effort hopefully they’ll put into fresh vanilla servers/seasons or classic plus.

1 Like

Nobody wants seasons, people want classic+. There is a 0% chance they do classic+ and cataclysm simultaneously. Cataclysm “classic” would be a humiliating failure for blizzard so they are either going to do trilogy seasons, classic+, or pull the plug on classic entirely.

2 Likes

i asked about private servers i know of some that have been active with players for 8 years on the same patch. the “reset” happened when the realm first started but have not happened since. still only on ICC for 8 years still raids going everyday. the fact these even exist shows people are happy to stay on the same expansion. same reason people “replay” a old game that game never changes but they still play through it again.

You haven’t listed 1 server. If you are referring to warmane, they do seasonal resets every year and just dump the left over characters on the era realm after it runs is course. People go on to the next season when it releases. Name 1 example of an era realm alive and vibrant on ICC forever.

Cata was fun until dragon soul. Not sure what they can do about that other then scrap the raid.

Dragon soul was also the start of LFR which was and always has been a tumor on the game.

Nobody is “gatekeeping” face roll wrath heroics. This myth is just hilariously delusional. Nobody was “gatekeeping” the harder tbc heroics either. This isn’t raids, nobody is checking your gear and logs for 5 person content. I’m convinced all of you people claiming this don’t even play the game.

Dungeon finder doesn’t make people stop playing meta specs.

It’s not a solo experience if you put effort to make a group. I’ve never had a problem getting groups for low level content. It does require me to OHHH THE HORROR(sarcasm)* have to send out a few whispers instead of just expecting people to stare at lfg constantly and come to me on their own. Making friends with the other levelers you see, and adding the people you did a dungeon with sure helps to get future groups too. But I guess if the game doesn’t do this for you everything is “dead” to pro RDFers.

The players from retail are crying but playing anyway just like they’ve been since classic release. The anti-RDFers preserved the game they demanded from blizzard for years. Garbage like RDF killing WoW is why we have classic in the first place.

I do not think that state of vanilla servers are indicative of wrath servers would necessarily be. A lot of people jumped on the classic vanilla #nochanges, bandwagon…not for vanilla per se, but to get to the xpac they wanted (#nochanges). Wrath was the most popular on PS and was for blizzard back in the day (rdf included in the peak subs time frame).

Sadly the blizzard devs made unnecessary changes to shift back to the dead vanilla way of thinking. Wrath would have more longevity, if they just stayed true to the original version. Guess, the PS will benefit from blizzard fumbling this cash cow, congrats blizz.

1 Like

Wrong. Vanilla was the most popular private server before classic. Nostalrious alone was the biggest private server ever for wow, and before that vanilla servers were still the most popular.

The people pushing classic wanted vanilla, if they wanted wrath they would have pushed for wrath. All the energy was for vanilla.

Era for any expansion will always have a niche community if any because nobody wants to play on a static state realm where progression comes to a halt for all time. Wrath era would be a much bigger graveyard of era than vanilla era ever would be because the ICC patch rendered all previous tiers irrelevant and the only tier that even matters is ICC, on top of all the other mistakes that made wrath the beginning of the end.

Well when i was looking at them wrath had the most servers. I went with classic to prepare for vanilla, getting the feel back, etc. Though wrath would have been the choice. Wonder how many others done that?

Agreed. Cata is not classic

1 Like

Cata classic would be classic…

They are just progression names…

Cata better than wotlk, wotlk so over hyped.

1 Like

So you have to be 50+ to understand it?

It doesn’t matter, they can complain as much as they want, the addiction will never allow them to quit. They will be in Cata, and most likely also buying DF.

Let them sit in the fantasy land that Wrath was the best thing and not the easiest expansion ever released. Cata might just be too difficult though and that’s why they didn’t like it.