[CATA] Professions showing 0/0 after boost

I asked for my money back because I didn’t pay for a character to be broken…They said “you already used it”

…I didn’t know the service I was going to use was going to be broken…
I have since contacted the BBB to file a consumer complaint.

1 Like

Same happened to me.

We used the boost and didn’t work, and we have 0 support.

1 Like

3 weeks later no fix no response and blizzard is closing all my tickets without responding. filed a complaint with the BBB and FTC. Blizzard is knowing selling a defective product without warning consumers and refusing to issue refunds or remedy the situation in anyway.

2 Likes

Got this response today, my stuff is not working but perhaps when they do maintenance tomorrow…

"I understand from your ticket that after boosting your character it didn’t retain proffession levels.

Rest assured that I have completely understood your issue and I will be working on a resolution that meets your expectations.

Kindly note that after checking, I can see that our development team have fixed this issue and your levels and recipes should be fixed and showing correctly. "

Here is still bugged but maybe the fix in in queue.

We’ve completed a more comprehensive set of fixes for these issues. Following realm restarts in each region:

• Player-characters will no longer be stuck at 0/0 profession rank.
  • Characters addressed by this fix will have the highest rank of the Profession bracket they were previously in. So if you were at 1-75 before the boost, you will now be 75/75. If you were at 450, your rank will not have changed.
  • Characters will once again be able to progress their professions.
  • Characters will once again be able to unlearn their professions.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

3 Likes

We’ve been neither patient nor understanding, and frankly - that’s understandable. It’s the Blizzard side that has lacked understanding. You’re leaving players in a state where instead of enjoying the launch and moving consistently forward, they’re going to have to go back to old content for their broken-for-three-weeks professions. Or, for production professions, blow gold on buying mats (perhaps Blizzard is hoping these people will buy tokens to gain enough in-game gold to use this method.)

But, at any rate, we can now decide if we want to bother with these toons at all, and whether we’re now satisfied with our purchase.

Launch day. Seriously. I think still being salty is also understandable.

7 Likes

A blue post at any point the last 3 weeks saying you were aware and working on it would have done wonders. Just saying

5 Likes

The problem is we paid money to have our character’s progression held hostage. I personally planned to make gold using my professions to prepare for game launch and was denied that as well. Your response is basically sorry, sucks to be you for supporting us and trying to play the game… I call that outright extortion.

5 Likes

There are clearly enough people with this issue that would be considered a class should we have to go down that road, 3 hours to launch and still no resolution, amazing.

1 Like

::Heath Ledger’s Joker Clapping gif::

I ran out of patience after 7 days of radio silence here and GMs trying to convince me everything was working as intended (boosts don’t boost professions).

And I was never understanding except in so far as I understood Blizzard: (a) didn’t actually know it was broken and then didn’t actually know how to fix it (a day late and a dollar short) and (b) doesn’t care about its subscribers.

I suppose y’all can have back that 40.00 I reclaimed for my boost. But you lost a subscriber for sure from all this. After Cata Classic has lost its luster and the friends I agreed to play it with have moved on, I’m done with this game.

(And no y’all can’t have my stuff…I don’t have much of anything anyways…played this game as a minimalist).

1 Like

What good is 75/75 on launch day? You guys should have maxed us all out as an apology.

2 Likes

should you not have maxed everyone out as an apology for the MASSIVEinconvenience and complete silence??? as alot of people would have clearly taken the profs to cata ready levels… your silence led me to boost ANOTHER toon without profs JUST to work around this last reset as there was zero time left to get things in order before cata

4 Likes

When is the next realm restart?

tomorrow. Man Blizzard, the coup de grâce in all this is that we won’t even be able to use the bricked characters until TOMORROW after you reset the servers. Appreicate you letting us see everyone else playing the game to its fullest while we wait yet another day. Let me run this back again:

::Heath Ledger Joker Clapping gif::

When y’all want to make a hash of something, you don’t pull any punches.

Should have just done a chargeback

1 Like

I don’t even remember what levels my profs were at before, but they were not at 450, which they would have been if this hadn’t happened. How fun it will be to go back to Outland and start farming ore there, and painfully leveling my engineering, as everyone knows how fun that one is. I came to Classic for Cata, as that’s when I began playing all those years ago, and frankly this has just taken all the air out of what used to be my excitement for the launch and the game. Three weeks of silence, then a blue post offering pfffft, and more time to wait for the fix. “Oh, just level the toon, it’s no big deal,” apparently is Blizzard’s take, which goes to show they just don’t get it. These are the folks who invented AOC achieves, and yet it’s no big deal to set players behind with this ridiculousness.

If you’d maxed these toons’ professions for us - the way we would have if you hadn’t broken them - it’s likely everyone would stop complaining. But you blew it, Blizzard. I’m sure the argument is “it wouldn’t be fair to other players who had to level normally” but it sure wasn’t fair to knowingly sell us a broken service that bricked our professions for weeks - PAST the Cata launch.

1 Like

and have my char blocked?

Did a chargeback almost a week ago now and no character block. ::shrug::

Blizzard’s Service “sucks balls”.

how hard would it be for them - WEEKS AGO - to max professions.
refund.
allow those they screwed free boost/replace items.

but no, they give BS excusses that there is no fix - STEAL our money and refuse to refund, when not providing service.

Now past cata launch.
IM PISSED OFF

should sue the lazy F%&^%$!!
been weeks…

1 Like