Cata content difficulty?

I don’t recall anything from Cata, but from a bit of what I’ve heard and read it’s supposedly much more difficult mechanically? GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

I’ve had my share of people sitting around surviving mechanics because the heals put in absolute work, but I loved fights like 40m naxx Heigan dance. It’s not super complex, but it shows who’s mildly capable at the mechanics. You get caught slacking and it’s over. RS is fantastic for that, you can watch people get cut down constantly because they’re inexperienced (just plain bad) at their role.

Forced difficulty mechanics may not be fun for everyone, but it sure helps weed out the people that I don’t want to play with again. I’m not all sunshine and rainbows when someone lies on their resume and kills everyone else because they’re trying to get a carry under the radar. That’s likely what forces people to check logs for everything.

I’m not saying I want tanks to get hit for 90% of their hp, but generally I find movement mechanics much more fun than blasting numbers. Putricide is great for this one.

If there’s a particularly difficult dungeon/raid coming up I wouldnt mind some experienced comments so I can properly prepare for them, but google only takes you so far if it’s a 15 year old comment.

1 Like

I wont play Cata. I’m going to keep laying Wrath. Thats that. Don’t need Blizzard to provide it for me. Enjoy Cata. It isnt Classic. It has much more in common than it does anythig with Classic. As soon as Cata got announced, me and many others quit Wrath for good. Blizzard seems like they are going out of their way to create private servers. I still have no idea why they cant just give what we want.

During Wrath, Wrath, TBC and Classic worlds all exist. During Cata, they do not. So much stuff gets removed. Subs at the start of Wrath vs subs at the end of it are a pretty obvious sign that it actually sucks. I’ll be out before Cata launches. I’m playing Wrath that’s that. Like an actual version of Wrath with no WoW tokens and none of these other two dozen + changes that they had in this crappy version of it.

They ruined TBC, they ruined Wrath…now you actually expect a good Cata…lol. Good luck with that.

7 Likes

I’m sorry but it’s not up to you to decide what is and isn’t Classic, it might not be A classic to you and others but it is Classic just like how Dragonflight is called Retail the progression servers are called Classic, simple.

Okay so let’s see what Cataclysm has in common with retail…

• Transmog
  • Revamped Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
  • Flying in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor
  • The new Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor quests
  • Worgen and Goblins

Think that’s about it, not counting reforging because that’s not in retail.

Then you haven’t been paying attention, here are the reasons why I think we’re not getting WotLK Era servers…

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-i-believe-were-not-getting-wotlk-era-servers

No it’s not, a lot more people stayed than left which would mean more people enjoyed it than those that didn’t. Just because something starts with say, 1,000,000 and it goes down to 800,000 doesn’t mean that the product was bad overall. It just means that some didn’t like it, some had IRL issues and some simply didn’t have enough time to play anymore.

WoW was bound to have a massive fall in subs, this is my own personal belief but I think WoW was in a bubble during TBC > WotLK, Vanilla is when it started to form and it simply popped in Cataclysm.

Well you’d be surprised to know that those private servers need money to function so the admins actually do have a “token” in place for gold so that you can cover their server costs. There are also WotLK servers that have custom classes ect. so if you want a server where nothing like that is happening you’d be better off just playing by yourself.

I enjoyed Vanilla Classic, I enjoyed TBC, I enjoyed WotLK and I bet I’m going to enjoy Cataclysm.

13 Likes

Doubt you will. I thought I was going to enjoy Wrath. But they released an entirely different version from what we had before. And btw…your precious little Cata is going to run into MOP soon anyways. Just remember that.

Oh yea and want to know smt else? This is as dark of a purple as I can get this toon. It looks pink. I have a screenshot of me in ATR original Wrath, my friend was on a NE hunt. And it is dark purple there. So that is proof that we could get a way darker purple before. This toon cannot. In Classic it can, in retail it can, in SoD it can, but in Wrath it cannot.

With how bad Wrath has been screwed up, I have very little hopes for Cata. Thats why i will not be playing it at all, ever.

3 Likes

Oh, I’ll enjoy it and if I don’t then I’ll stop playing, I’m not going to play something I don’t enjoy.

Yeah? Kinda obvious with it being a progression server and all. I’m looking forward to MoP too.

Yes, like how purple one can be

I also like how most of the time you only reply to the last thing I say… Kinda makes me think you don’t read.

9 Likes

I mean, it was until they nerfed everything. And none of the mechanics mattered anymore.

I mean, I will probably enjoy cataclysm to. I just want permanent wrath classic servers so I can enjoy that content to.

1 Like

Somehow i feel like we’ll be seeing you around come cata.

8 Likes

Each one has their own opinion. It’s fine.
Tbh I 'm enjoying Wrath Classic. Maybe it’s bad for you but good enough for me.
You may prefer the original Wrath, but it’s what it’s. No one lives in the past.

Let me guess you hate the H+ system but love the JJ buff?

Also exactly what what was sxrewed up? Was it the fact blizzard made it easier to get the legendaries? Or was it the ilvl ulduar adjustment? Or are you just one of those players that hate that blizzard waited to release RDF at the same time it was released back in OG wrath?

4 Likes

If you think you’ll enjoy Cataclysm then play Cataclysm, don’t let there not being any WotLK Era servers stop you from enjoying yourself. I don’t care if there’s WotLK Era servers, I wouldn’t mind either way as I understand that there are some people that want to have a longer time playing WotLK but it just isn’t profitable.

The reason why Blizzard is spending time in having SoM/D and Hardcore is so that people are actually playing Classic Era because Classic Era was dead before those game modes came along and they fear that the same would be true for WotLK.

3 Likes

The OP literally asked if there is any difficulty spikes in the game he should know about before it comes out.

And you have to crawl out of your whitemane era server to post a novel about how much you hate cata, avoiding the entire thread’s topic in the very first post.

It’s amazing how much cata lives rent free in your head.

17 Likes

I quit Wrath as soon as it came out that they were thinking of removing 5v5 arenas. As SOON as I heard that, I quit Wrath. Not going to play Cata if there is no 5v5 arenas in there. Oh and also, I am still bugged by the fact that this toon is unable to be purple. Not a true Night Elf. So many other things about this version of Wrath that were not like the original.

Paladins in original Wrath were like this Littled - Level 60 Ret Paladin Twink [3.2.0] (youtube.com)

Pallies were like that in original Wrath mine was. Got tens of thousands of HKs on my pally in original Wrath. Then I multiboxed prots in arenas and multiboxed shams in arenas and in BGs too back in original Wrath.

And now Wrath is all like WoW tokens, yea and lots and lots of other things I dont like about it. Hey did you know that the shammy bar is STILL glitched in Wrath? And typing /relad doesn’t always fix it.

They also ruined guild roster in current retail WoW as well.

Also why no arena teams in this version of Wrath? Why are some players at an R1 of 4.8k arena rating? Oh yea THATS right. Blizzard removed arena teams and changed the mmr system so that way anyone can play with anyone. So you can simply just get BOOSTED to your glad rating now…thats why the WoW tokens were added into Wrath. To pay for your arena boosts and to pay for your GDKP raids. And when Cata comes, they will have RBGs…I grinding out a PvP title on 3 separate toons in original Classic lvl 60 WoW. 3 paladins. Now my feat of strength PvP title on my pallies means NOTHING as you can just go into Cata and get the exact same thing.

Nothing of this version of Wrath is like how it was in the original, so there is no reason to hope that this Cata will be liked as much as you all liked the last one. What we have like…oh gosh. 5 people total who are super exited about this coming out.

You could literally fit the number of people who are going to playing Cata at it’s very last patch in a single guild.

Lets just see how many of you are here for the Cata.

1 Like

Watch me not play Cata. You actually believe that I want to play that crap.

If I want to go look at the old zones that were changed after DW came out, I can go and do that now in current day WoW, if I want to do RBGs, I can do that now in current day WoW, if I want to play arenas and have there be no 5v5 arenas then I can do that in current day WoW to. I heard 5v5s are getting removed for Cata and guess what? I seem to be 100% right about that as ZERO of you have said otherwise.

That right there is already another massive reason of why I am not playing. I bet they will mess up feral druids and boomkins for this version of Cata.

The PvE in it is much harder than anything in Wrath. Raids got too difficult for the average person, they couldn’t handle it and it was very difficult to find a raid group so they added RF during Cata for that reason…which gives out super crappy gear anyways.

Cata IS retail WoW.

Oh but you play a rogue. You will like Cata for that. Rogues are good in Cata…but what it come out on a custom balance patch just as Wrath is in right now.

I will NOT play Cata. I promise you that. And people like you keep trying to force me to play Cata.

2 Likes

There’s going to be way more than 1,000 people playing Cataclysm mate.

No it isn’t for starters the name.

No one’s forcing you to do anything.

5 Likes

10/10 schizo ramblings, would lose brain cells reading again.

8 Likes

It is so, SO ironic that you pull out the schizo insults against me yet again. You do that in every single thread you ever talk to me in ever. And you do it to other people too. Apathy…is the worst stages of schizophrenia. I’m pretty sure that you actually have it at this point. You are always talking about taking meds and how I need them for my schizo stuff and even named one of the meds in a thread that very likely you are taking.

And yes I am getting FORCED to play Cata IF I want to keep playing my Wrath toons, there is ZERO other way to play ANY of my Wrath toons if I do not move them over to a Cata server. So if that is not FORCING someone to do something, then I don’t know what is.

And once again, you liked your own comment. It showed up as unknown/deleted user who liked your comment. But the like just went away. And yes I am getting forced against my will to play Cata if I want to play my toons from Wrath ever again.

Still the irony of your nonstop bringing up schizo type stuff in every single thread that you talk to me in and do it to some others too… your name is literally a type of schizophrenia. And the fact that you were able to name the exact medication for it on another thread further points to it being your own personal issue that you are trying to put onto others.

I get what you’re saying about the wow token… but, pallies? Ret Palas are op af in cata.

1 Like

Hahahahahahaha holy ramblings.

I haven’t said “schizo” in at least half a year, excluding this use in quotes and the previous post. You can also go back and quote me on my previous posts to you outside of this thread. Go on. If I say it so often then surely you can quote me from any of my recent replies to you.

You won’t quote me though because you can’t, but what you will do is prove me right. You literally just go off on tangents, just like the very first post you made in this thread. It’s sad.

10/10 would lose more brain cells again, keep up the good work buddy.

Edit: couldn’t forget, no where on my character sheet is a space goat shaman. Homie literally liked and unliked the post, but you go on another schizo moment about how he’s my alt lmao

4 Likes

lol this thread went to hell fast

5 Likes