Cata Beta length

Well cata was x0-x4. Should be 75-79 and ye it’ll be dead.

Ive gone to the dark side for cata… perhaps we will be fighting alongside each other this time around.

Arena season ends april 15th which means prepatch will be 2 to 4 weeks after that. With cata released a month after that. It will be june cata is on the same release schedule as TBC was.

1 Like

Based on the Arena News my guess is Prepatch on April 29th with Cata Release on June 6th

Cata beta is a hot mess right now of bugs and issues. April pre-patch would be crazy… and expected.

1 Like

it just started, closed beta, than there will be an open beta, i’m in the beta now, and we have not tested anything other than leveling and 5 mans.

prepatch is not for another 2 months, everything has been delayed.

There’s no way the prepatch will be ready in less than a month.

It will probably drop sometime in May.

that’s not how it works…just because arena ends, does not signal pre patch or anything. Arena is stopping in 2 weeks because of its disastrous MMR system blizzard implemented from retail that has caused massive inflation and tons of illegal rmt.

if they were to keep arena going it would be even a bigger problem. Your not seeing cata release till mid summer, july, aug, sep

cata is in closed beta atm…you wont even see prepatch till june, end of may being the earliest maybe…

I dont know where you are getting your timetables from, but they legally have to release Cata by Aug 31st 2024, thats why they put that timeline in there. I would expect pre-patch to launch on classic live servers at the end of April to early May with Cata coming out in early June.

Arena is far less inflated than it was in Ulduar season. Idk why you came up with this conspiracy theory on why Arena is ending. It’s ending because prepatch is coming.

They can legally release it whenever they want.

You think gaming companies get sued when a game is delayed? :rofl:

And you expecting pre-patch in April simply means you haven’t been in the Beta.

Internal builds are typically much further along. The pre-patch is either coming late April or early May.

2 Likes

They can when they are selling upgrades and services connected to the release. You have to look no further than what happened when shadowlands was coming out, pre-purchases were made with a date announced, they walked back the date because they couldnt make the deadline and allowed people to get refunds.

I absolutely love when opinionated people think they are smarter than everyone else and its impossible for them to be wrong.

Ive been in the beta since its been out. Day 1. Thank you though. Late April early May pre-patch is still plausible, whether you believe it or not.

Not to mention that the Operation Gnomeregan patch happened a month prior to cata pre-patch coming out the first time, and guess what was released recently on wrath classic… Operation Gnomeregan.

Good luck with your lawsuit. :rofl:

Who is suing anyone? Legally required to post a release date and suing are not connected. Some countries laws require release dates when taking pre purchase orders to protect consumers. Nobody is suing blizzard because an expansion isnt coming out on time, but they do offer refunds when that happens.

You said they’re legally required to release it by Aug 31st.

They are not.

They are legally required to post a date, they chose Aug 31st. They are legally required to refund pre purchases in countries with consumer protection laws if they dont meet their arbitrary date. This date is a placeholder date and is most likely a worst case scenario as if this date were upheld, then wrath classic would have been out for as long as the original wrath was.

It’s a moot point because it will definitely be out by September. But if it wasn’t there’s nothing you can do about it. Go ahead and ask for a refund. You’ll get it. But they don’t have to give you one.

Actually they have a good case to not give you one, What are you even being refunded for? Almost everything in those upgrades is available right now. I think the only thing you have to wait for Cata is the transmog set. So good luck winning that argument.

But you won’t have to. Blizz is very easygoing when it comes to refunds. In any event, they’re still not legally required to release it by Sep.