Cata Beta length

How long is the Cata beta going to last before expansion drops?

approx 3-5 months.

It said pre-patch aug 31 Cant post links. No trust level 3. Silly forum rule…

TBC Classic beta was a little over 2 months and the WoTLK Classic beta was a little over 3 months. Pre-patch will likely be in May with Cata Classic launching in June. There’s a chance it could be at the very end of May (very unlikely).

Calling it now, end of May early June release. If you look at the past Beta releases they span roughly 2-3 months and then official release happens

Says on or before August 31st on here. Guess we can post blizzard links

Scroll to the bottom

" Available on or before August 31, 2024. Requires World of Warcraft Subscription or Game Time."

Yeah, it’ll likely be in June.

With how many bugs there are on the beta atm I really hope they take their time. The 1-60 content is borked so bad right now, and they havent even started testing 80-85.

June is optimistic unless we want a super buggy game. Which tbh they didnt listen to us during TBC, or WoTLK beta, and TONS of bugs went live so you may be right. We’ll see I guess.

Better a buggy game than having players fall off even more due to no content in wrath. They can do a 2months prepatch and no one would complain.

lolwut literally no one wants a buggy game… Especially one that already came out 15 years ago.

1 Like

Realistic. The beta will be a couple versions behind what they have internally and most of the bugs people are experiencing right now are already going to be fixed on their internal client. Always works this way.

Aug 31 is just a worse case scenario imo

Your guild died didnt it? I see why you’re in a hurry for cata then.

They can use the prepatch to bug fix the rest of it. They release buggy patches and game versions all the time. I agree 1-60 content should not be buggy in prepatch but the rest would not affect much.

Dog. Did you play WoTLK and TBC? If so did you not see them fix almost zero bugs during prepatch of those games, and leave several game breaking bugs in for months at a time after proper launch?

They did rush to nerf the interaction of firey weapon and deep wounds though. All while leaving in tons of bugs.

1 Like

My favourite was wintergrasp not having water

No? I quit this Paladin.

I probably won’t even play Cata. Depends on how I feel about DK in the pre-patch.

DK is god tier in Cata, at least in PvP.

I don’t mind how long the expansion proper takes, I just want prepatch so I can start playing my dwarf shaman…

Definently some bugs floating around…Been leveling in Gilneas and the progressive quests are not populating correctly…so you get to just run around blindly till the server updates the map and the new quest is there. Combat seems to work fine…although there are several things that im waiting to see if is just part of CATA. IE pet bars gone and some other things…may just been level locked