Cat mount is proof Blizzard

… can make new models for content without the need to recolor each thing 30 times.

Lets see more of this without the need to pay for more for it than what we already pay for: recolors.

Edit: facetiousness mixed with the reality of what we always get served

13 Likes

I like recolors tbh

Its ok to have both

7 Likes

I mean, obviously they can make new things. Recolors aren’t the worst but put behind long grinds or high prices as if that is a good reward is the crappy part. Lol

Basically puts me off of even wanting to do the content.

5 Likes

What? They’ve been making new models since forever lol

I like recolors tbh

Its ok to have both

Sure, I agree. Just not when you’re leaving your players dry for long periods of time, then releasing recolors as an excuse for new content.

1 Like

What? They’ve been making new models since forever lol

My post is facetiousness mixed with the reality of what we always get.

1 Like

I heard more informed people than I suggest they used a current mount skeleton, and rebuilt around it. Sort of like Goblins and Vulpera.

So I don’t know how “new” it is, or how much work it took.

I love the mount - but I don’t think it is an example of what the OP suggests.

I actually like recolors but what I’d like even more is remapping—the ability to dye gear so I can make any armor style match my aesthetic.

2 Likes

Can I just be honest…the pink unicorn is my favorite version of the unicorn mount. It’s the only one I use. T___T If they didn’t do recolors I wouldn’t have my precious… reee

Okay.

https://games.no1geekfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/1618399597_469_WoW-Patch-91-Overview-of-the-mounts-from-Tazavesh.jpg

And that’s just some of the ones we can get. Over 600 mounts you can earn. Only 21 you can buy.

4 Likes

I like the cat but the hand mount is easily one of the best looking mounts they’ve added in years. It’s also great that it comes in different colors, so you have an easier time matching it to a transmog.

Most of these are Meh, if not outright awful. That cat mount looks amazing, if out of place.

And a lot of them are reskins. The Cloud serpent being particularly noticeable, since it has such a distinctive motion.

Can I just be honest…the pink unicorn is my favorite version of the unicorn mount. It’s the only one I use. T___T If they didn’t do recolors I wouldn’t have my precious… reee

I am not against recolors whatsoever. It is when Blizzard uses recolors as an excuse for new content, after leaving their players dry for long periods of time, that gets frustrating. People say they do this every 0.5 patch, which is not true. They have released some amazing content during those 0.5 patches without the need to reuse too much, yet keeping the content interesting and mysterious.

I am all for recolors if they let the players take advantage of most of it for customization. Recolored mounts and items is not an issue when it’s released appropriately (the aesthetic towards the current game-play). When it’s a couple expansions later and Blizzard leaves their players grinding for a small chunk of treasure, release recolored items, on top of lack of customizations, but throws up a $25 mount on the market during struggling times, leaves a bad taste in the mouth for those seeing how their operation is being delivered.

Again, nothing wrong with recolors. The irony of their current situation is all.

Your opinion is irrelevant.

The fact remains that those are new models.

Guess what? So are store mounts. We aren’t talking about base rigs. We’re talking about models. Show me in the store where we have any of those exact models.

Or it could be a recolor of content that’s coming up in 9.3/10.0, which I would rate extremely likely given the past with the Vulpine familiar.

Sparkle pony is a reskin of Invincible.

3 Likes

I mean … who was arguing they couldn’t? Like…you can look at a lot of stuff in Shadowlands and come to that conclusion. Recolors are nice though because not everyone has the same tastes

There is a pink unicorn? Woohoo!

What is it’s name?

laughs in FF14 dyes