Cat mount is proof Blizzard

Have to remember with 9.1.5 the target audience no longer needs to feel shamed or be spat on…

2 Likes

First off all, “those exact models” points to the ones that I gave examples of. Secondly, it’s still a remodel and you just proved that they can add new models to the game and that store mounts can be remodels of those ones. Invincible was added December 2009. Celestial Steed was added April 2010. Your own example failed you.

The cat is a remodel/reskin of the Shu-zen rig. The store sabers are all remodels/reskins of the base saber mount in game. The Sylverian Dreamrunner and Steamscale are just remodels/reskins of the drakes. We could go on.

And yet, the hand mounts are completely unique. Llothien Prowler is, as well. The razorwing is also unique, based off of an in game mount from Legion. Marshmallow peep mount is unique and nothing like it in the store. So is that very detailed mech mount. Even the Tazavesh reskin of the Mage discs doesn’t exist in the store. Nor do any of the Shadowlands elemental mounts or Jaina’s elemental. And if you can find me another model of the Mechagon wheel in the store, more power to you. The list goes on.

Take the cat to the paint area in mechagon

Oh my! They used the same skeleton more than once! :scream:

How dare they use a horse skeleton . . . in another horse

1 Like

Except:

new cat mount = $$$ to make up for lost subs

2 Likes

So not unique.

Except:

new cat mount = $$$ to make up for lost subs

Precisely.

Then they’ll talk about how dedicated they are to keeping the player-base happy.

The rig is not. Just like most store mounts. The model is unique.

You have no argument here and keep trying to move goalposts. Just stop. You’re done.

I currently have over 600. I think the total amount possible is closer to 800 or 900 at this point? Something like that?

But yeah, As long as Blizzard has a basic wire-frame animation for the mount, it shouldn’t take long for their art department to come up with a skin for it, and from there to tweak the color.

I happen to be a Whale (in the time played sense, I’m not a money tree) but I’d just as soon not have to keep buying them off the store. More in-game mounts and content please. Stuff like this while we’re in a content drought is kind of tone deaf. You could have made it a late-reveal secret mount. That’d have earned a lot more happiness with the player base.

1 Like

you are already willing to pay for recolors though so why would they waste original models for no extra $$.

not with me - a lot of those secret mounts are too much of a pita to get and I don’t pay for aggro from a game.

there are all kinds of mounts available in game and a handful each expansion that are store only - it isn’t a problem.

Only in the context of investing the time it takes to earn them. That $5 Blizzard gets per token? Could easily have been more in terms of account retention or new accounts.

I can respect that. Most of my friends are the same way. I just happen to be that guy who has to have everything.

eventually they gonna have to switch up that concept because more people will quit for good or for longer periods of time putting on stuff like this won’t help the game/community in general.

1 Like