Casual PvP battlegrounds are completely, utterly broken

It’s hilarious. And it’s not isolated to one faction. You roll in there with ~190 ilvl gear on a new toon and get two shot by balance druids with 45k HP.

I know, it’s a skill issue not a gear issue, thanks Ion.

107 Likes

It’s so easy to win when your opponents are toddlers!

I’m proud to be the first liker. And unrelated but I am proud to be a gnome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

It is extremely misleading to have honor gear have so many ranks and needing to upgrade the gear multiple times when it is below average gear.

PVP honor gear in systemlands is a massive noob trap.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

61 Likes

He said the thing!!! :tumbler_glass:

19 Likes

Covenant gear is easier to acquire and by the time you can finish honor gear you can actually have a head start with conquest gear.

Honor PVP gear is not even good enough as a bridge gear. Maybe weapons and trinkets are the exception.

11 Likes

It took me one match after the SL prepatch to realize the direction PvP was going. Still running away screaming to this day

10 Likes

I feel we’d get along, Boyne.

Yes, even fully upgraded Honor Gear is still lower than all other endgame gear, even completely un-upgraded Conquest gear.

It fits the overall theme of Shadowlands, where you grind for weeks for should be baseline, or you grind just for the right to purchase something with currency that requires further grinding.

There should just be Honor and Conquest gear, with no need to grind to upgrade what you grinded for weeks just to purchase. If they want to go back to WoD gearing, then go back to actual WoD gearing.

12 Likes

Sadly I’m pretty sure you’re in the minority around here lol

1 Like

In game design the more time gear takes to acquire the more powerful it should be.

197 gear is not even average level gear so the time needed to fully upgrade it is not consistent with time and resource investment.

Bad game design.

Covenant gear upgrade is more realistic and in line with how it is supposed to work. Anima needed is more reasonable.

11 Likes

They began killing casual pvp after WOD. Unnecessary changes upon changes with each following expac caused casual pvp to be all but dead as it is now.

It has to be obvious to whoever is in charge of it. I’m sure they can see their numbers of players plummeting so I have to conclude that they don’t care.

13 Likes

Here’s the thing, casual BGs were never designed for undergeared people to go in and do well. Even way back in wotlk on my first undergeared paladin I had to farm up gear before I entered any BG. If I went in with blues or greens I got pub stomped.

The game has always been this way since forever; get gear first then do some for fun BGs. I’ve got over 400,000 HKs on my account and I’d say 80% of those were people I dominated in a few GCDs.

Finally, BGs in SL don’t reward you with anything except honor to upgrade your arena gear, going in with 15-25k HP is just foolish and you’re wasting your time and everyone on your teams time.

My alt Ret I didn’t even enter a BG until I was around 210 ilvl. I did M+ first, then did arena to 1600 in 2s and then did BGs to upgrade my gear to around 215 ilvl. This is the proper way to gear an alt for PvP rn. This is a L2P issue and casuals need to learn.

1 Like

It’s because they’re trying to drive down subs before they announce their next MMO, Diablo 4 Mobile.

8 Likes

No. You accept it as “the proper way” but it’s bad implementation. People by and large don’t want to have to do Mythics or heroic raids to be qualified for PvP, and vice versa. And it shouldn’t be that way. You shouldn’t have to overgear yourself to be able to participate in PvP. You’re totally entitled to your silly opinion though.

34 Likes

You ever watch yourself slowly shove that foot in your mouth, or do you just end up there curious how it happened?

TLDR; “You should PvE to PvP” is wrong.

27 Likes

I imagine it’s impossible to watch yourself do anything when your head is up your rear end.

19 Likes

You can participate in PVP, but you’re going to lose to people who try harder. If it’s not raids it’s arena gear they’ll get faster. PVP is inherently competitive, if you don’t want to compete that’s fine but you’ll get dumped sometimes. People want a participation trophy for PVP, that’s just not what PVP is.

In WotLK you could PVP just fine in blue gear if you were skilled. Same with BC. Now? Low grade epics is not even near the mendoza line.

11 Likes

Gear based pvp.

lmao.

2 Likes

No. You used to be able to get Conquest gear from doing unrated random BGs. In the meantime, Honor gear was decent enough considering how quickly you could obtain a full set.

Now Honor gear is nearly useless, and rated PvPers just do random BGs for Honor to upgrade their Conquest gear, making it a hospitable and unrewarding way for casual and new toons to gear up. It is all bass-ackwards.

20 Likes