Caster twin emp meleeing

There seems to be a bug where the caster emperor who is in range to cast spells just decides to run at the warlock tank instead to melee him. this seems very random and not intended. He doesn’t always do this but when he starts doing it he usually does it multiple times.

Also anyone getting battle ressed seems to rip agro just by being ressed and makes the emps run a long way away just to smack em

6 Likes

Prince Keleseth did this back in WOTLK too. As did Zerevor on Illidari Council. You want to tank them from max range and run like hell if they start inching towards you.

The good news is Vek’lor doesn’t melee that hard, like 3k on cloth. You can survive a hit.

getting hit is always followed by an arcane explosion that will delete the warlock straight after the normal hit

4 Likes

Yes that is a minor problem isn’t it.

I never tanked Vek’lor but at least with Zerevor and Keleseth sticking to max range and running as soon as the boss moved towards me always kept me alive.

the videos ive found of it being done in 2005 or 06 was a warlock around 20 yards away with the boss not moving. I dont think this is an intended mechanic.

2 Likes

He isn’t suppose to walk around at all actually so you would be correct. He only moves at the start of the fight and then via the teleport.

3 Likes

bump, this is still an issue

5 Likes

This is still present in the game and is basically a wipe when our warlock gets smacked in the face by melee from the caster mob.

3 Likes

Still occurring. Extremely frustrating that it’s pretty much preventing any realistic progress due to it. It’s asking a lot, even for a flasked warlock in nearly capped SR to survive a melee hit+arcane explosion wombo combo. Some say this is how it was in vanilla, but frankly it feels way too random. My memory from vanilla where I killed this boss numerous times was he remained stationary and just casted at the warlock tank. I don’t remember seeing a lot of issues with the warlock getting meleed out of nowhere. Vek’lor will be casting no problem and then randomly he’ll run MAX RANGE to go melee the warlock and it ISN’T during a teleport window. It just feels like wonky scripting or some kind of issue with his pathing. Who knows.

Frankly, the rest of the instance leading up to emps is WAY easier than I remember it(huhuran is a joke) but this issue with twin emps is making it seem far harder than I remember it being.

1 Like

You do realize you’re suppose to have a warrior dancing around the caster emp just outside AE range to anchor him in place right? It’s clearly seen on all the old footage of twin emperors. This isn’t a new thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y4rpkA0QfA

There is suppose to be one warlock, one tank, and one healer per side for each emperor at all times. The tank who loses the melee emperor is suppose to just stay outside the AE range but still focused on the caster emperor this prevents him from moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHXfSDVX_ZA

Clearly highlighted again.

There is literally nothing wrong with the fight you guys are just to dense to understand such a simple mechanic. The fight is working as intended.

I decided to do some digging to further check for the right answer and it turns out it was never broken. There is just lack of understanding.

On the other hand, try to find an old video of Vek’lor melee’ing the Warlock, because that doesn’t exist. It’s broken, this has been happening to at least dozens of guilds.

6 Likes

Did it today, doesnt happen when you have the tank properly stand and move the way they are suppose to so, prove it. Give me footage of it not working at intended.

The issue I’m talking about isn’t even occurring during the transition. It’s happening BEFORE it. Warlock pulls on left side from max range, vek’lor starts to cast normally, until he changes his mind and runs halfway across the room to melee the lock tank and kill him. It’s not a LoS issue, not a back-up tank positioning issue, threat gen issue, or anything similar as far as we can see. Will gladly record it tonight if we’re still seeing the same thing.

Once again, I never saw that issue in vanilla. It’s one thing to be messing up the transition, I agree, but we’re talking about two different things. And it’s not just me noticing something weird. Complaints are all over the forums, reddit, and warlock classic discord is filled with people trying to figure out why this behavior is occurring.

2 Likes

If you have people/pets/totems on the stairs, He will run to the lock after failing to cast blizzard due to LoS.

2 Likes

After clearing the fight last week, this happened to our guild tonight.

We tried a lot of different things. No caster dps. Everyone at the bottom of the stairs. Different tank positioning. Same result every time.

Some videos of the behavior we’ve seen. For whatever reason, it seems to happen on left side the vast majority of times (and not just during initial pull). It also frequently happens after he casts a blizzard (though not always)

Remove the space from text below for video examples

streamable. com/1ixw9s

clips.twitch. tv/SplendidPlayfulTruffleSmoocherZ

clips.twitch. tv/HyperCrunchyCaribouJebaited

1 Like

We had this happen last week but tonight it was largely OK with one exception where Vek’lor decided to try to melee our Lock and we just bopped him.

We did have an issue where a Lock tank died right before a Teleport and we ressed them after the switch when things stabilized. Vek’lor pealed off the other Lock tank to just run across the room and kill the Lock that was ressed. This happened twice.

There are definitely some odd threat mechanics on the fight right now.

1 Like

All L2P issues tbh.

1 Like

Such a useful contribution Abnoba. So what exactly does one need to learn in order to avoid Vek’lor stopping his spell casts and switching to melee when there is no other caster dps threat on him, warlock is at max searing pain range, tank just inside of the warlock, and no player is out of LOS of the boss?

2 Likes

Already told you, I did it twice yesterday, early morning run before reset and last night. No issues. In fact you can forcibly manipulate it for him to move under the conditions I laid out.

How about you learn how los works and positioning before saying something is wrong.

Also your warlocks are god awful. Well no actually your guild is kinda god awful.

https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/reports/wnjxNL91CAmRhHMt#fight=39&type=damage-done

10:02 kill time? Seriously actually L2P