Cast while running as affliction

Should affliction get the same treatment as arcane and be able to cast while moving non stop? Being that its the only caster spec in game with one school of magic I dont see this being a hateful thing. Arcane still has access to frost/fire damage and I run around like an idiot non stop on my mage doing 80/100k dps all while kiting melee for days.

Its hilarious and I know affliciton wouldnt be able to kite as well as arcane but it would be a big improvement for the spec in general.

7 Likes

All I know is Affliction needs a rework.

As the game changes Affliction need to as well. I loved casting why moving in MoP, with all the interrupts, gap closers and CC something needs fixing

10 Likes

Aff can already cast a majority of their dots while moving. It’s not really needed.

All mages have access to ice floes.

It’s again not needed.

2 Likes

ALL caster classes should be able to move while casting. It’s time for a change. Casters are always left playing catch up with melee and Hunters.

13 Likes

At least their “filler” spells as baseline castable while moving

4 Likes

Not the ones that really matter, I can run around an arena and never stop but agony and corruption are not going to win games.

7 Likes

You shouldn’t be able to run around and do full damage as a lock or any other caster.

That’s why you need to do setups with your partners and set up goes with double CC

2 Likes

Affliction isnt a set up spec, its a rot spec. So there isnt really any need to set anything up other then big soul rots with agony stacks

2 Likes

Affliction hasn’t been a pure rot spec since MR was introduced.

You setup your damage windows with drain life or MR

1 Like

Fair points but i think moveable casting as a whole really doesn’t fit well into this game. If that niche is going to be expanded upon further, I’d really prefer it go to another class.

A lot of other ways to help affliction. Would much rather have multiple spell schools or longer lasting dots etc. More synergy there and healthier to balance.

2 Likes

We had it in Mists of Pandaria - talent called Kil’Jaeden’s Cunning. Went through a couple of iterations, but the best one was just a full time passive ‘cast on the move’ effect.

And yes, it made the game much more satisfying and fun to play - to the extent warlocks were taking the talent over abilities that theoretically gave them higher DPS. The gameplay felt smoother, fewer frustrations and broken cast times, and it made maintaining full DOT / Malefic Grasp uptime much easier.

It eventually got removed because everyone was taking it, and Blizzard wasn’t thrilled with the idea of rebalancing warlocks as a full time ‘mobile caster’ class. Can understand their reasons, but making gameplay less fun because it’s too much work to balance around is frustrating for players.

7 Likes

I would love to see KJC come back, even just as a cooldown where you can cast and move for X amount of time. The game has become much more than it once was where the whole turrent playstyle doesn’t work very well anymore when you’re having to move every few seconds. Most other classes are either melee or have some ability or spell they can cast while moving.

2 Likes

I think that’s more of a problem with tank mobility.

1 Like

I’d take soul burn soul swap costing a share for a full row of dots back

3 Likes

Soul Shard*

Im here for casting and moving as aff, they can bring that back and id be happy.

4 Likes

Ele sham virtually has instant everything and burps out 200k double lava procs.

Aff has 3 dots that tick for meaningless damage without malefic spam.

Its honestly silly how bad aff is right now vs a lot of other specs. My frost fever literally does more damage than my 489 geared locks row of ua corruption and agony.

3 Likes

Ok? Ele shaman has a CD that it uses to do that and its not active all the time. Its also an ELE shaman not an affliction lock where 3 of its dots are instant cast.

Couldn’t possibly be due to skill.

Can you explain mathematically the skill involved in me hitting howling blast and frost fever doing 20 to 25k ticks while corruption does 8k. Whats the skill involved? My DH throws a glaive and soul rend almost does the same damage as ua, corruption agony. This isnt about manual playing ability. Its math.

1 Like

If thats what you think if when I mention skill its 100 confirmed.