Cast while running as affliction

Yes they do use Spiritwalker’s Grace 1.5min cd (when talented), but due to the tier set/talents Lava Surge, Flames of the Cauldron, Windspeaker’s Lava Resurgence and especially in AoE Liquid Magma Totem, the insane amount of procs of Lava Surge is insane.

Arguably I’d say overall they are probably more mobile then Affliction currently, their spenders are instant cast that also give a free proc of Lava Surge ontop of Flame Shock procs, Primordial Wave also fires of an Elemental Blast which gives another Lava Surge proc too and every cast of Lava Burst reduces the cd of Primordial Wave and the haste makes the flame shocks tick quicker for more Lava Surge procs.

Ontop of everything throw in Ascendance procs that lava burst everything with flame shock further pushing the cd reduction on primordial wave, really Elemental Shaman only has very very few abilities that keep them stationary or when movement isn’t needed.

And not to forget on demand mobility with Spiritwalker’s Grace.

Currently, Affliction vs Ele, Affliction has more static casted abilities and less instant cast procs (Tormented Crescendo, that requires 3 DoTs, 1 is casted and a channel spell to have a chance to proc), vs Flame Shock which gains increased value especially in AoE.

Although I feel that in the next expansion as this tier was voted to continue to S4 things will go back to normal, where their mobility will be a lot less then currently.

I’m not speaking in terms of dps, because it’s clear already, but purely speaking in terms of abilities that we have to manually cast/procs to give instant casts, Elemental Shaman is a clear winner theirs no competition.

Defensively though Affliction is a clear winner, but that’s for another post.

(Main alts I switch between off Warlock is Shaman and Priest and dabble in Evoker/Hpal)

2 Likes

The issue is they were comparing two difference classes with different tool kits.

Ohh I agree, but it’s crazy that overtime classes and mobility change drastically, for better or worse.

I just thought I’d mention that Spiritwalker’s Grace isn’t the reason why Ele is mobile anymore as you mentioned.

But you are right it’s really comparing apples to oranges in the end, 2 classes/kits that play and synergise completely different through their talents.

Though this could show a flaw within the Affliction talent tree.

Insta meatballs is a proc. Lava surge.

Or even as a shard spender. Costs 1 soul shard can cast on the move for X time, or number of casts.

1 Like

God I miss that talent. Was the most fun being a destro lock running around casting chaos bolts!

Best time to be lock was MOP

3 Likes

That should be our hero talent :C we need KJC back.

1 Like

True, but what can we do? If we request Tanks slow down or periodically stop, they complain. If we encourage Blizzard force Tanks to slow down or stop for casters, Tanks complain. Pure speculation, but Blizzard seems to be focused on making WoW more like Diablo when it comes to party and dungeon play. It’s been leaning that way since Cataclysm expansion. Especially Mythic dungeons. They gave Locks the ability to slowly move while casting in MoP, but then removed it. In Diablo, casters move while casting spells. It just needs to change. Melee classes are on the move while casters need some time to set up damage.

Apply dots while moving?

Really? You think? What next? Encourage the other players? Give them a cookie?

You’re complaining about something affliction is affected by the least. Aff doesn’t need a cast while moving ability.

and your condescending other players by stating the obvious as if you know something they don’t know. Nice cherry pick by the way.

Not cherry picking anything. Affliction doesn’t need that type of ability as you can refresh 3 dots while moving.

I’d rather not get Aff damage nerfed because you guys aren’t good at playing a caster.

You did cherry pick. There was no need to comment on something everyone knows about those 3 spells. You’ve obviously never done a random or seek to look good to the plebs. Those 3 dots dont mean jack in a fight on the move. Especially when your targets are dead before the dot has time to finish.

Then why are you asking a question everyone knows? Do you know the ABC of casters?

I do 20+ keys and haven’t had an issue.

Refreshing then while moving is three globals you don’t need to use on refreshing when standing still.

They also buff MR.

Stop doing low content then.

I’m beginning to think he just likes to argue. If you tell him the sun rises in the East, he would take a position against it.

1 Like