Cast sequence macros are god's gift to humanity

Lmao people actually do this? I legit had no idea this was a thing tf, and that’s what the pros use too?..

I point and click, my pvp buddy uses macros, I have one macro for pvp trinket and trueshot…that’s about it…

It’s doesn’t cancel the rest but if the ability is on CD or between GCD’s nothing happens . And if you don’t have a reset time put into your macro , you can press the button again wherever the next ability in the sequence is available and it goes on.

It’s very helpful with learning how to play rogues above literally all other classes . I am sure the experts don’t play like that but if you are learning ya it’s great.

2 Likes

Suffice to say, macros remove a lot of the busy work from play. While it’s never recommended to make a macro for your core rotation, using macros is pretty common especially among the higher ranked players. Some are as simple as using trinket, CD, and pot and others use them to specifically target arena 1, 2, or 3.

2 Likes

Cast sequence macros are good for those learning PVP but I have seen experienced PVP player use cast sequence macros too…

Now that I think about it a cast sequence macro for Sub Rogue may work because Backstab/Shadow Strike have to bound to different keys.

Usually most players just put different key binds instead of using cast sequence macros. But back in the day cast sequence macros were more common.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

Death Knights had the most ridiculous Sequence Macros as all there spells were instant.

So you would have entire strings on 1 macro, soon DKs were running around just pressing 1 button most the time.

1 Like

No they don’t lmao wtf. Always amazes me how out of touch the average player is. Macroing on use trinket with a burst cd or arena 123 is in no way even remotely similar to a cast sequence macro.

there is not a single AWC player with a cast sequence macro, so no.

1 Like

Why does everyone compare the average player with a blizzcon champion 3300xp team? They’re not even remotely even close to being comparable. Yeah people like zeepeye and whaazz don’t use cast sequence macros because their games require such tight kill setups so they are constantly adapting and using different abilities foe different situations.

Me? I’m not a blizzcon champion and neither are any of you reading this or replying to this thread. Cast sequence macros do work perfectly fine and I’ve had tons of success.

Do you just immediately activate your burst macro as an opener? No you need to set it up. And thats easy to do on basically everyone in a normal bg.

1 Like

I will use them for some things, mostly to save on bar space.
I make macros that have modifiers to cast a helpful spell if the target is friendly, or a harmful spell if it is hostile.

I have macros that use key modifiers to change the spell or the target without having to add another button/bind for it.

I have some sequence macros I use that target myself, my focus, and party members and cycle through HOTs to keep them rolling on everyone without having to change targets and press individual buttons. If I had individual buttons for each party member for my hots I would have tons of buttons and tons of binds.

I also use a bunch of mouseover macros for various things.

1 Like

The issue is the use of off-GCD abilities. You can execute the sequence faster by pressing three different keybinds once rather than one keybind three times (vendetta, MfD, vanish).

I’d consider including only on-GCD abilities in castsequences if you insist on using them at all.

2 Likes

The only thing I’ve ever cast sequenced was my off healing rotation as shadow in mop. Was just easier to hit while running. It was pom, renew, and divine star. Super easy to hit while running and being trained constantly. Outside of utility spells I think it’s not the move.

1 Like

Is there any way to cast sequence according to range? I.e. cast X if range = <30, cast Y <30. And if X >30 cast Y.

I honestly didn’t know you could do this, but had a feeling it was always possible. I’ve love to see more of what Macros could do. I played SWG where you could basically macro afk the game while leveling (or getting low lvl loot) while at work. It kind of ruins the game when the player base drops off because than it’s all bots, but playing with the macros was always fun.

I can see how this may be a hinderance more than a help, but I can also see how this could be very helpful (especially with all the key binds needed for PVP). I really don’t see a good use for it on my disc priest as there’s no real sequence of events. But on the boomkin I’m leveling would be nice to have my 2 dots on a sequence macro, maybe even bear form and the bear healing… This could cause some issues, as needlessly hitting the target with the wrong dot because it’s not in the correct sequence portion, but I’m not winning any tournaments anytime soon… sooooooo there’s that.

I’m trying to think of, if I use X when do I always use Y. How nice would it be to cut out the finger movement, and be able to put important spells at better key binds. I don’t think I’d ever go a full 7 or 8 deep on a sequence as it seems like if it gets interrupted in the middle of the sequence there isn’t a way to reset it? So the most I’d be willing to go is 3, but I’d prefer 2, and it’d be two spells I always use together.

No, there are limited conditionals you can use that are mostly for looking at what the target is [friend, party, raid, or enemy], status of the target [exists, alive, or dead], or various checks against the status of the player [combat, mounted, flying, stealth, swimming, etc.].

They are intentionally limited to avoid removal of decision making from the player.

There is a UI and macros section of the forums with information about, you guessed it, WoW UI and macros.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/c/guides/ui-macro
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/macros-essential-information/21139

4 Likes

Thanks man good to know!

Theres tons of cast sequence macros you can use to save keybind space and I use them in all sorts of ways on many alts to do certain things.

And yeah especially in circumstances where you just apply a dot you can save a keybind for something else simply by using a cast sequence macro.

I love castsequence macros. Nice macro there.
Have you ever added a [Btn:2] option? I am trying to get one to work on my mage with not a lot of luck.

This thread is over a year old and the person you’re responding to doesn’t even play anymore.

1 Like

cheers for the heads up