Carrot on a Stick Macro?

I am looking for a macro that will:

1. Cast Summon Felsteed and equip Carrot on a Stick to slot 14 if I’m not mounted
  2. Dismount and swap back to my normal trinket in slot 14.

The various versions I’ve tried haven’t worked, so I think I’m getting the conditionals wrong and wanted to ask for some advise.

1 Like

i too would be interested in one of these macros

1 Like

just be a ret paladin

4 Likes

Had to do some research and think I can make one, but you need to have a specific bag slot dedicated to your carrot to make it work.

#showtooltip Summon Felsteed
/dismount [mounted]
/stand
/equipslot 14 4 13
/cast Summon Felsteed

Equipslot 14 is the character 14th slot. You need to change the bag numbers to where you want to keep your carrot/trinket.
4 is the bag number, ranging from 0-4 with 0 being the default Backpack.
13 being the number slot of the bag, first slot of a 14 slot would be 1 and last would be 14.

That should work.

Edit: Sorry, equip needs to be before casting mount. I’ll try a few more things to see if I can get a mounted/dismounted conditional to work on gear swap. Currently it’d just attempt to swap trinket regardless.

Edit Again: I don’t think there’s a way to get conditionals to work properly without going into script territory which I don’t know how to do. You can conditional for [mounted] and [nomounted] but if you’re equipping a trinket from your defined bag slot without running a check whether you already have the trinket equipped then it’ll just swap regardless. Then you’ll have to manually swap trinkets again so the macro is synced up again.

Personally, I’ve had my carrot banked for a long time because it’s just not worth the effort.

2 Likes

I think you can skip the bag slot part by naming the trinket specifically (that’s what I did on my stance dance macro to swap from sword and board to 2H), but I’ll have to test it all later. Thanks!

2 Likes

Itemrack used to equip carrot, boots with spurs, and gloves with riding crop automatically and then swap back on dismount. I see that someone ported it to Classic, but the comments seem to indicate that it’s buggy as hell. Haven’t tried it yet.

Well damn struggled with different setups before giving up but didn’t think to just link the name instead of bag slots, yea that works.

#showtooltip Your Mount Here
/equipslot [nomounted] 14 Carrot on a Stick
/equipslot [mounted] 14 Your Trinket Here
/dismount [mounted]
/stand
/use Your Mount Here

Need to have equip before dismount otherwise you’ll always be counted as dismounted.

Downside is if you cancel the mount cast then you’ll still have a carrot equipped, you’ll have to manually swap trinket or mount to get the macro to equip your damage trinket.

22 Likes

That super worked. You’re a bad mamma jamma!

Just wanted to confirm as of Oct 4th 2019, the macro posted by Xane works perfectly. Just to note, you need to get into the habit of the same hotkey your macro is on to dismount, instead of using the dismount hotkey because only the macro will replace your old trinket.

You could just download itemrack, it let’s you create a gear set for riding which automatically equips when you’re mounted and switches back when you dismount.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip! But I have a problem with the add-on, it does equip my carrot but when I dismount it does not revert back my trinket. Can you help me fix it? Thanks!

I was using this macro for quite some time but when I got my epic mount, the characters in the macro won’t fit anymore since it was too long, hence I’m trying to use the add on instead.

EDIT: I was able to make it work on my end to get all the characters fit in the macro (Seems like something is still wrong with my macro although it kinda works now)

#showtooltip Purple Skeletal Warhorse
/equipslot [nomounted] 14 Carrot on a Stick
/equipslot [mounted] 14 Mark of the Chosen
/dismount [mounted]
/stand
/use Purple Skeletal Warhorse
/equipslot [mod:ctrl] 14 Mark of the Chosen

It works but for some reason if I keep spamming ctrl + key it switches from my mark trinket to carrot and viceversa, how can I make it stop to just switch to mark of the chosen and not equip carrot when i hold CTRL?

1 Like

this worked perfectly!! THANK YOU XANE!!

for those who need more help or info, my macro is as follows:

#showtooltip Summon Gray Kodo
/dismount [mounted]
/stand
/equipslot 8 3 2
/equipslot 14 3 1
/cast Gray Kodo

i have boots (slot 8) with mithril spurs in my no.3 bag slot 2. i have carrot (slot 14) in my no.3 bag slot 1. when i push this macro it swaps both pieces and summons mount. when i click this macro again it swaps the gear back and i get off my mount. this does not switch my gear if i am auto dismounted (ex. i run indoors) so manually dismount before you get auto dismounted, or just remember to swap gear around.

I use Itemrack for mounting in Classic and have never ran into any bugs with it.

just get a trinket menu addon and switch trinkets with one click

trinket menu does not work in classic though

Can you show me how you configured it please? Thanks!

1 Like

It does though. https://puu.sh/EsOvz/099202f560.png

I highly recommend the AutoCarrot addon. It’ll automatically equip carrot, gloves with mount speed, and boots with spurs upon mounting so long as they’re in your bags.
Your normal gear then gets autoequipped back upon dismounting. No clicking, no weird setups, just install and forget.

1 Like

I tried Auto carrot and add-on and it worked like charm! Thanks all!

2 Likes

Is there a way for AutoCarrot to allow me to equip my boots with mithril spurs on them when not riding? Every time I try, it re-equips my normal boots.