Cap Corruption in PvP - somehow

This change to make Heroic Visions always grant corruption gear is insane.

I have enough mats on my character to do 6-7 runs right now, with the ability to stock pile more for next week.

Arena is going to be a clown fiesta if I can go in with 400 corruption, 5 pieces of rank3 infinite stars and just zerg someone down.

For the love of all that’s holy, remove corruption in arena and give something else on pvp gear – please Blizzard.

Do exactly that. You’ll get one shot like a fool

you can get 3k avoidance now dad

Not if you use cleverly use of game mechanics to gain an edge on the system. Certain classes can start an arena in stealth, giving them the benefit of “opening” on their opponents without the ability to react, at least for those first few opening seconds.

Mage/rogue/X is a prime example. If a mage/rogue team has 300 corruption worth of infinite stars, there is a good chance someone will die in the opener without the other team being able to fully react to such crazy burst.

This was shown in the Method Maddness Tournament.

If you win 2/3 games doing this, you will inflate the ratings this season and any sense of competition (what little WoW has left to offer) will be lost.

Same thing with classes like Paladins who can become immune to damages and effects, they could use this to “cheese” out victories and honestly just degrade the whole concept of winning a PvP fight.

This is just a poor oversight that will cause PvP to turn into this random zerg fest of corruption.

1 Like