Can't Use Guild Bank and scan and repair stuck in a loop so can't even log in now

I created a guild for my alts and this guy is the GM. I bought and set up the tabs and permissions, full access to all of my toons. I even compared the settings to my Horde alt bank and they’re identical.

But not one of my Alliance toons can deposit anything into the guild bank. When I try nothing happens. I can pull up the tabs and even change the icons and names. But that’s it.

What’s going on? I’m not seeing the problem preventing me from actually using the guild bank.

Have you tried a UI Reset? Sometimes display elements can misbehave and result in many different unusual outcomes. Most of the time it’s due to addons not being updated in a timely fashion after the game updates, but that isn’t always the case.

Just tried it. Nope, didn’t make a difference. Still can’t use the guild bank.

Try toggling their rank in the guild to see if that helps. Like move them up or down a rank and then back to the rank you want them at.

I only have one rank other than the GM but I can add another and see what happens.

I googled and found many reports of the “unable to deposit items into guild bank” problem. In each of those threads, a Technical Support forum rep popped in, said they were looking at the problem, then popped back in later to say it was fixed, which is then confirmed by others in the thread.

I think Tech Support might be the way to go on this, barring me being oblivious of some more obvious issue. :sunglasses:

Some info: Guild bank - no access!

Edit: There’s also quite a bit of info in Bug Report, though the threads boil down to the same resolution. I’m sure it would also be useful if you put in a bug report of your own.

1 Like

I’ll try that, TY!

LOL, the scan and repair won’t finish so now I can’t play at all.

3 Likes

That might be related to something on the Support page
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/23377993

It gets to about 90% then throws the error that “something broke” and to try again. I have for around 5 hours now, no luck, it will not finish and until it does I can’t log in.

*****Sunday 10:40am… Hey the scan and repair won’t finish still. I found several other help articles and tried what it said and no luck. So I can’t even log into any games to play.

Ok I just uninstalled the game and the launcher then started a fresh download and I’m still getting the error of “something broke” so now I can’t even download the game again.

*Ok just delete this. Solved it myself, uninstalled AGAIN and deleted every single WoW file then redownloaded and this time it worked.

What’s the beef Blizzard? Give my toons and other guild members access or, at least fix this on going issue.

disgrunted atm