Can't upgrade tiered gear even though I meet requirements

I just looted a 9/12 piece of gear and I am 1900 io. I upgraded this piece once, and now it’s 10/12. I can upgrade it again because of my score (and i have the valor points) but it won’t let me.

Imgur

Here is a picture of the example. I’m showing all requirements - my IO, I have enough valor popints, and that I’m trying to upgrade it to an 11/12. If you notice where “Mythic+ Dungeons” tab is, it says in red “That item cannot be modified.” (I literally just upgraded this prior as well). The upgrade button is greyed out because I just clicked it to get this screenshot. When I change it to “Level 12” on the dropdown, it says I don’t meet the io requirement FYI, so I am clearly in the right score range for a 11/12.

11 Likes

Having the same issue! As are others in my guild.

4 Likes

Yeah having the same issue , IO is way over Requirement and Bulk Valor but still cannot upgrade :confused:

2 Likes

Having the same issue with 2 pieces of Korthian Armament gear (Helm and Bracers). Trying to upgrade from 213 to 220; I am Tier 4, have 3.6K Cataloged Research. I successfully upgraded two other items to iLvl 220 tonight on the same character (boots and gloves, IIRC).

7 Likes

Oh man I was about to post my own thread on this topic, until I came here to find others with this similar issue. Trying to upgrade a helmet to 12/12. I have a 2364 rating so it is more than high enough. I also have 1350 valor so I know I am covered there. I thought maybe it was the socket I had added to the item that was disqualifying it. Looks like this is just a bug in general though.

I should add though, in my case I can click upgrade, I get the confirmation window, I click “ok,” and then I get the message “this item cannot be modified.”

6 Likes

Same issue no gear for me can be raised above 10/12

1 Like

Is there some toast window that pops up when you hover over the Upgrade button?

1 Like

Same - Kil’jaeden - looted unranked gear 220 level 1 - unable to upgrade past level 4- RBG rating 1702 - unlocked Challenger II upgrades, issue seems specific to certain slots. - Neck/Head/Wrist/Waist/1 ring - all remaining slots upgraded from Challenger I to Challenger II no problem.

Specific error message when attempting to upgrade is ‘item cannot be modified’

If you insert .com where it should be and remove the spaces you can view additional detail on the error message. I hope im not violating any rules here, just trying to provide meaningful info for troubleshooting purposes.

https:// tinyurl. /242r9ewb ; pic of error message
https:// tinyurl. /p8h9yx32 ; item upgraded from 4/9 to 5/9

1 Like

I am having the same issue with my waist item currently. I cant upgrade past rank 3 at 1550cr

1 Like

Edit: I can now upgrade Korthian gear. I successfully upgraded two pieces of gear, one of which previously would not upgrade as described below in my first post. I do not know what fixed the problem. It just works now.

My first post:

I’m unable to upgrade two different Korthian neck pieces on my demon hunter, oberexin. Previously, I did upgrade one of the neck pieces from item level 220 to item level 226, but later I tried to upgrade that neck piece from 226 to 233, but it failed to upgrade with a message displaying, “That item cannot be modified.” I then tried to upgrade a different neck piece from 220 to 226, but that attempt also failed with the same message. Also previously, I successfully upgraded twelve other pieces of equipped gear from 220 to 226 to item level 233, 6/6.

1 Like

Same. Hit 2100 and can’t upgrade multiple pieces like my head, bracers, belt, ring… but the others I can.

1 Like

Same issue.

It appears I can upgrade one more piece every time I leave a battleground or arena.

I am trying to upgrade PVP gear.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with m+ gear, any fix yet?

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. I hit 1400 M+ rating on my monk tonight and was only able to upgrade 2 items to 239 from 236. I was upgrading a belt from 226 and after 233, I get the error where the item cannot be modified when trying to get to 236. Same with a ring. It was fine going from 229 to 233 but I get the error when trying for 236.

I’m still sitting on 1600 valor.

1 Like

Im having the same issue with m+ gear as well :? must be a bug

1 Like

I have the same issue with bracers and belt and I cannot upgrade them from 11>12 even if I have the required score of 2000 for M+ rating and enough valor to spend for it.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue as well, for any belt. Haven’t tried pieces in any other slots.

1 Like

Based on what I have read from others, it may have something to do with specifically socketable gear - whether you have a socket or not. Hope this helps Blizz with a fix!

1 Like

Same here. After running into this problem I tried upgrading a different piece of gear and it won’t let me just the same.

1 Like

Also having this issue with Korthia pieces: unable to upgrade from iLevel 213 to 220 even though I’m Tier 4 and have enough relics.

2 Likes