Can't upgrade tiered gear even though I meet requirements

Good point. Pretty sure it stopped working for me after I upgraded and then socketed the new neck piece.

1 Like

Same problem here, cant upgrade a ring above 10/12 and I met all requirements, actually have a lot 12/12 on bag

1 Like

Same problem for PvP gear. Can’t upgrade gear slots despite being way over the rating requirement. I dropped below rating now too so hopefully they fix it before next week…

2 Likes

Yep, same issue here, was able to upgrade most things, but I have a ring stuck at 10/12. I get the “will cause it to become soulbound” warning (even though I’m wearing it and it’s enchanted) and then “that item cannot be modified”. I was able to upgrade several other pieces of gear to 11/12 with no problem.

1 Like

Mine doesn’t have a socket, but it does have added avoidance, plus I enchanted it, still can’t upgrade it

1 Like

Has anyone tried deleting the cache in the wow folders ? doubt it but never know.

1 Like

Same here, can’t upgrade my items since level 3/12 , hope we don’t have to wait until next tuesday for a fix :frowning:

Same issue. The funny thing was is I had 5 items I needed to upgrade for 1600 (not including trinkets) and I got my one win above 1600, upgraded two items then started getting the error on the bracers, then the belt and then the ring. I was able to upgrade my neck and back fine.

I’ve even closed down wow, disabled all my add-ons, run the repair tool, logged back in and I’m still not able to upgrade those three items. I don’t think it is add-on or UI related when two items upgraded but the others would not.

Replying because same and its now 14 hours later with no word on when/if fix is coming ^^

Appears to be on a few different items, can’t go above 5/6 on my alt rogue with pve gear… meet the requirements etc.

come on bliz been farming this currency for ages

i also cant upgrade wrist . im 2.3k rio so should be able to . upgraded it once on 9/12 and when i want upgrade again it says that item cannot be modified

appears that tradeskillmaster is blocking the upgrade for me lol

It appears each piece of gear is bugged in it’s own way.
Helm would only let me upgrade to rank 2, Feet(boots) to rank 4 , and chest x2 one haste and the other mastery to rank 8. I’m upgrading OS gear now but it’s still annoying.

No one from blizzard seems to be reading the forums or are acting blind to this issue. This is for the PVP gear upgrades for me tho, I have not attempted to upgrade any PVE gear.

They are reading the forums. You are not.

We are currently investigating an issue where PvP gear can’t be upgraded. When hitting the upgrade button the error message “This item can’t be modified” appears. Currently, we do not have a workaround or resolution that can be provided. We apologize for any inconvenience while our developers work as quickly as possible to resolve the issue.

They posted that under “can’t upgrade pvp gear” in support section

thanks for the find

Link for my fake news friends.

Tambem estou tendo o mesmo problema.
Neck não upa do 8/12 para o 9/12.
Atendo todos os requisitos de IO.

It’s happening to me right now on one of my toons. Just managed to get the item to 239 but can’t go further!

Having the same issue in Korthia

Any update on this? having this issue with 2 items a pvp belt and ring, i upgraded all my other pvp items but those are broking out.