Can't Transmog Weapons After Switching Covenants

As discussed in this thread, weapons that have a covenant-specific appearance can no longer be transmogged after switching covenants.

For example, I recently obtained a PvP weapon while I was Kyrian. The weapon has the typical Kyrian look/feel to it. I’ve since switched to Necrolord and can no longer transmog the weapon. If I go back to the vendor and look at the exact same weapon, it looks completely different and has the typical Necrolord look/feel.

So because I obtained the Kyrian “version” of my weapon and am no longer Kyrian, I’m simply not allowed to transmog it. I assume that this will also happen with raid weapons since those are purchased from a covenant vendor with tokens and thus (I assume) also have covenant-specific appearances.

I’m not talking about using the appearance from the previous covenant. What I mean is the untransmogged item appears Kyrian and I cannot transmog it to anything else!

This needs to be fixed. It makes sense to not be able to use the Kyrian appearance anymore, since I’m no longer Kyrian, but being stuck with that appearance makes no sense whatsoever.

The only way around this right now is to buy a whole new weapon after switching covenants, which is obviously just completely ridiculous.

150 Likes

same issue after changing convenant, pls fix asap :frowning:

18 Likes

Bumping this. Having the same issue.

13 Likes

Having this same issue also. I bought my raid weapon when i was Night Fae, i have since switched to Venthyr and cannot transmog the weapon into anything else. I do not think “Buying a new weapon” is an option for any of those who don’t Pvp. Instead, our weapons should be refunded into raw Honor/Conquest or Raid wep tokens, when we visit that vendor, instead of gold.

7 Likes

The only reason I even mentioned that in the original post was to try to highlight the ridiculousness of this bug.

It’s not an option for PvP players either, unless they’ve been saving their Conquest and not spending it for whatever reason. Purchasing another PvP weapon to fix a transmog bug would require another two weeks of capping Conquest. Capping each week is easier than getting a weapon token to drop in a raid, for sure, especially since capping is guaranteed, but that “solution” is still completely unreasonable.

PvE and PvP players alike are equally and completely screwed by this oversight.

7 Likes

I want to add that yes this also affects raid weapons when from fae to venthyr and my fist weapon can’t be mogged into anything it’s stuck as a blue bug head

3 Likes

So I just tried to transmog my weapon into a Legion Artifact weapon (By actually selecting that from the weapons drop down menu) and it worked!!!

Selecting your artifact weapon from the 2 hand swords/1 hand axes etc wont work, but it does if you go to the Legion Artifact page.

4 Likes

been like that for weeks now… plis fix…

4 Likes

Bumped this as well, i am having the same issue. Completely ridiculous. This needs more attention

2 Likes

Please fix!

1 Like

Make sure to Bump the post for it to get more attention!!

5 Likes

Please fix!!

1 Like

Revisited the Transmoggers today. Tried to change it to the Corrupted Ashbringer appearance, wouldn’t work. The only appearance that worked was the Green hilt variation out of all the other Ashbringer appearances.

I may have found a work around. This is rather convoluted so bare with me.
If your Weapon has an enchant visual applied.
Step 1 - Remove it. Hit Apply.
Step 2 - Select new weapon appearance, hit apply.

If your Weapon does not have an enchant visual applied.
Step 1 - Select an Enchant visual, hit apply.
Step 2 - Select a new weapon appearance, hit apply.

This worked for me just now.

1 Like

Same problem here, transmog won’t work at all on hunter that switched covenants.

5 Likes

I just made a post about this as well thinking that this had to do with Covenant switching or the fact that I had the House Renethal Ceremonial Dagger cosmetic completely disappear from my collection and that is what my daggers were transmogged to.

I agree, buying a new weapon is completely not an acceptable option. I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out why I can’t transmog my PvP daggers to something else, but now this confirms what is going on. I was Venthyr and just recently switched to Kyrian. I hope this gets fixed. I have a ticket in too. And they can’t just refund me conquest either because one dagger was from the GV and it has leech on it, so they’d need to just issue me a new dagger.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cannot-transmog-my-pvp-daggers-into-any-appearance/802676

2 Likes

Same problem here, mine is a shield i cant transmog

3 Likes

This has been going on for weeks now, and the devs are aware of it (Confirmed in a ticket that its a bug). So why hasn’t something so simple been fixed? Seems like it would be a priority as covs are one of the main features of SL.

6 Likes

Same… I’ve tried everything. Nothing works. If I figure it out I’ll let y’all know.

Cannot apply an illusion to bugged weapon.