Can't Subscribe

I’m looking to subscribe, unfortunately I thought a wow token was going to give me a month to see if I was going to invest into the game long term again seeing as how I am on disability and the weather is turning for crap up here in Canada. I put my last bit of money into my Account Balance but found I can’t use a WoW token because I am a trial account. I can’t use my Balance to get a 1 month subscription. I can’t get a subscription because your only option is to buy 2 months at a time. I had only enough (28 dollars) for one month and I can’t get to play.

I understand these pricings and decisions are made for maximum profit to cover overhead and operating costs, but money is money… Making it harder for people to play a game when an increasing amount of people are leaving just seems silly to me.

One way to work around it is to set up a month to month subscription, then cancel it after the payment went through. It doesn’t solve your immediate issue with the token you can’t really use at the moment, but if you do that it’ll get you with the game time.

Also, a handy dandy chart from one of our regs (please click it, makes much more sense and looks so much better rather than the preview)

Also, once you get back into the game, you can sell that token for gold, and then turn around to buy a token off the AH - THAT will get you a month of time. But it doesn’t help right this second, unfortunately.

4 Likes

Welcome to player to player support forum unfortunately those that make those decisions dont come here for feedback. Now as to ur game time issue you have 2 options outside of a subscription

1. Go to walmart or ebgames buy a 60 day gametime card will cost a bit more then 30 bucks but im sure u could borrow some money i use game time cards my self.

2. If u have enough gold on one realm you should get a option ingame to buy a token from the character select screen.

1 Like

Nah, I put all the money I had into my balance, as I said I’m on disability and have mobility issues and a weakened immune system so going to a store is out of the option with the covid thing and all… I guess I’ll have to go without

Only because I am really confused by your post, but I gotta clarify what you were trying to do. Buy a token with balance. Buy 30 days with the auction house token. I don’t know why you added more money to the balance. Your post really is confusing, please clarify.

I thought WoW tokens were available for purchase to either get gold or game time, so I loaded my account to purchasea WoW Token only to find that it doesn’t work on a trial account. I can’t log into my 20+ charactes and my 20 and under characters are considered trial characters with no option to purchase a token

There are 2 different types of token, for future reference.

For gold you buy the token from the store in game, to sell on the auction house.

Or

You buy the token in game from the auction house, or from the character select screen, with gold for game time or balance. It will either convert to 30 days, or the rough equivalent of balance for 30 days.

7 Likes

Nah, just a lonely sick guy, don’t have friends or anything… Why I am trying to get lost in a game because bored of being locked up in a chair is starting to get to me… Figure if I can get back into this it’ll take my mind off my hardships

Well it was worth a shot and i totaly get your situation thats why i offered u 2 options.

1 Like

You can access the game without game time. All accounts act like Starter accounts when there’s no game time on them. You don’t have access to pet battles and auctions, but you can play any character level 20 or under. I have an account in that state I am puttering around on. I’m currently seeing how far I can get in Leatherworking without a paid account. I’m on a long grind atm because level 20 characters can’t skin higher than thick leather so I have to convert 6 thick leather for every rugged leather I need.

4 Likes

I’ve been doing something on starter accounts similar to what Rufflebottom is doing.

I’m trying to get best quest rewards to equip my starter account characters at level 20 as well as maxing out professions for them.

3 Likes

Although your chat is limmited to Battle.net … Use that to play with friends. As well as group content for Chroime time …
Select differnt time lines and enjoy in all the dungeon runs.
All for free…

If you are not time experience adds up untill 30 …
When you put time on them alts will jump to 30 level if not turned off…
Have fun.

1 Like

So essentiall, I will preface to say I’m a disabled guy and I don’t have a lot of money but thought the best way to approach this was to put what money I had into my Pay Balance in WoW and buy a Token to get 30 days. Apparently because I was playing characters on Trial, that does not work and they don’t use Balance to pay for one month at a time, I think it’s 2 months and it’s pretty expensive for 60 days. So I am here reaching out for someone to gift me one month, I will provide all my full details to prove I’m not going to scam you at all as it’s not my intent… I have a lot of crap coming up with my health where I’ll be forced to stay at home and I’m already pretty much forced to due to Covid being really bad in my town

What I’d like is someone to gift me 1 month, so I am no longer trial, gift them a WoW Token and they can cancel payments so that they aren’t over charged and I can play until money rolls around for me. I just want to play this game for now because I’m in apartment with virtually nothing to do.

I have contacted blizzard but the support ticket said it’ll take 6 days to answer and I don’t want to wait that long, just wanting to see if anyone out there is kind enough to help me out.|

Thanks, Joel

Probably best to post this on General.

But also, the ticket time is an average. Every likelihood it’ll be answered sooner.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply, I will post in General, thanks again.

Sadly the button won’t allow me to post

Whoops, forgot, you need active game time to be able to post there.

Ahhh, there in lies another problem haha

Create free online checking account. Sign up for survey websites that pay completed surveys in small cash amounts. Cash out to checking account when you get the amount you need.

Here’s one option; My ex-wife to be soon is a Doordasher for Doordash and they pick up from Walmart; You could order a game card from Doordash then a Doordasher can pick it up and deliver it to you.

While that is a good suggestion, our friend is very strapped for money due to their circumstances. So they do not have the funds to purchase a card, which is the sticking point here.

2 Likes