Can't submit ticket

I’m trying to refund my wow sub I didn’t even get to use because I cant make an alliance character and my friends are alliance, but the submit button on the ticket is just endlessly spinning. What can I do to ensure I get a refund for a service I can’t even use and that I wasn’t warned about before buying. Ridiculous that you can buy a subscription and they don’t let you know ahead of time that you can’t do something as important as making a character for one of the TWO factions

First, why do you say you can’t make an alliance character?

Second, the authentication server is down, so tickets may also be experiencing issues right now.

Third, this is a topic for Customer Support.

The message in the character creation screen is when I hover over the grayed-out alliance races is: “The faction is currently unavaliable on this realm due to population imbalance”.

And the reason that I put this post here is because the issue I have right now is I can’t make a ticket as the “submit” button on the ticket page is just endlessly spinning, which seems like a technical issue.

Costumer Support forum might have a better answer…
I think there is a self refund link around in the CS forum.

Okay, you’re trying to play Season of Discovery, which has restrictions.

The restrictions are posted, in detail, in the forum:

The automated purchase system can’t read your mind and tell where you want to make a character, or which faction. I imagine the levels of each faction are changing all the time, so the restriction probably isn’t permanent, but I can’t say for certain.

1 Like

Sure, thanks for your input - I posted this over there as well regarding the refund-part of my question. But I suppose there’s still a seemingly technical issue with not being able to submit a ticket.

I do not see a self-refund button anywhere over there.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/services/334/1995/solution

Are you using this link?

We can’t help with website issues in here, only gameplay ones: installing, disconnecting, or updating.

The support site has it’s own subcategory in the Bnet forum:

1 Like

To be honest with you, I don’t think it’s fair to imply I was supposed to get that information that I could not specifically create an Alliance character on Lone Wolf from that post. Are you saying that I accepted a risk or something that I could not make a Lone Wolf Alliance character or something when I hit the subscribe button? There was nothing on that page to indicate there might be that risk and I didn’t know or see that forum post when I googled Season of Discovery.

I think that’s an unfair implication to be completely honest but thanks for your help.

If it’s not eligible, it should still give you the option to put in a ticket.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/wow/166/1152/solution

My link is different then the one above.

Nope, but most people playing Season of Discovery are WoW enthusiasts and know about this required balance. I’m sorry your friends didn’t check their server or give you a heads up. I have nothing to do with your refund, but I hope you get it if you only wanted to play on that server and faction.

1 Like

Thank you very much Btq, I have submitted the ticket for a refund.

Personally I think there ought to be a warning or something. What faction you want to play is a key thing is it not? But anyways, thanks for the help and the words.

I will say though that it’s 6 of us trying to come back to try SoD and all of us have played WoW for 5-10 years each and were serious players, like Gladiators or server first raiders. I’m joining them late and we’re old gamers now and none of them thought to check whether we could make the right character. Just food for thought, I’m not sure it’s as clear what the expectations are that you imply.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.