Can't start a ticket anymore?

I remember when GM used to msg you in game and talk to you, non of the voice mail msgs and automated stuff they have today

2 Likes

I used to like Blizzard cs. The fact people defend its current state is sad.

1 Like

This doesn’t work.

Probably did a year ago when I posted it… Things have probably gotten worse over time. It was bad over a year ago, I can’t imagine what it is like today.

Any time I wanted to open a ticket, I would open one about payments or money, and just get forwarded from there. That was the only way i could figure out, without being stuck in the endless loop of nonsense, to start an actual ticket.

you can force drop a ticket

account → not listed here

im not going through 23048923 options to just drop a ticket that can be resolved in 2 minutes

1 Like

No, it didnt work a year ago. It hasnt worked since they changed the system several years ago. Often times you have to go to a completely random topic to make a ticket because the option just physically isn’t there.

1 Like

Back in BFA, I was doing Jani’s achievement. The one where you turn into a troodon and grab stuff. Welp, while sneaking around for Nesingwary’s boot, my lil dino fell through the world, into an empty below sky, and would d/c me.

Every time logging back in, character falls under the world, d/c’s. There wasn’t enough time to use the character unstuck option before I’d get the force d/c again.

I can’t remember exactly how I put in a ticket but there was a lot of shenanigans and in the meantime, my main was inaccessible.

It’s not acceptable. My main did get put back in the world properly but I feel like I was lucky.

That usually means it is an issue GMs can’t help you with. They have limits based on tools, logs, and policy. For example they can’t help with:

• Taking suggestions (use the in game tool or bug forum)
  • Taking bug reports (use the in-game tool or bug forum)
  • Bug fixes for individual accounts - most of the time they don’t allow that because it creates more issues. The fix is handled in a patch impacting all accounts, not as an individual thing by GMs. There are rare exceptions.
  • Guild dethrone. Either the self help tool allows it, or the former GM set it up to prevent it and CS won’t over ride that.
  • Most item restorations, stuck (first attempt), char undelete, etc have self help tools now.
  • Awarding loot - they don’t get involved in loot disputes and will not give people things. Either the game awards it based on loot rules, the postmaster does, etc. “Ninja loot” is not a thing they deal with. They will investigate scams and punish people, but won’t redistrubute loot.
  • Raid IDs - GMs can’t do anything with those to reset or assign
  • Achievements - MOST of those they can’t help with. They are not allowed. If a player can repeat it, they need to repeat it themselves. Sometimes the player will need to wait for a bug fix first before repeating it.

There are more, but that is off the top of my head.

This one here works for that when the self help tool does not fix it. https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/1369/ticket

That is one of the basic things GMs DO help with. Getting you back to playing when you can’t resolve it yourself due to that game glitch.

That puts it into a generic queue with a longer wait time, so just be aware of that. When it is something GMs can help with, you want it in the right bucket so it gets escalated correctly.

The CS forum serves as an Information Desk to help folks navigate the ticket system, explain policies, explain services, etc. When in doubt, save yourself time and just go ask what the best way to handle it is.

1 Like

I dont think ive ever got a “good” response to my tickets anyway, its always that automated Bot :robot: Reply, like jesus

1 Like

I mean youre just wrong. Specifities about policies and workarounds have been GM’s forte since the beginning. Thats literally part of what they are there for, SPECIFICALLY when information isnt available. Bot auto linking just isnt it. I dont need a bot to link the same faq that doesnt answer or even remotely address the ticket. I need a human response.

I finally got responses when i had to literally go around the many, and i mean 95%, of the options that just resulted in a bot terminating the search with the exact same (have you tried this) that was tried before i even thought of putting a ticket in…only it took over a week because no one would/could answer the ticket until i was conveniently offline for more than 2 consecutive hours.

Such is the way now. Never answer anyone directly, wait till they are offline and answer in the most vague way possible so what COULD have been a 5 minute active pm a week and a half ago, has now taken 4 ticket responses and over a week of literally just waiting for a response.

Ive not had a huge problem starting tickets…its that insulting auto form letter response crap you have to go back and forth with before getting a human being that made me hit screw it.

oh for god sake…
Jan '23

lol
muted

?

im not wrong

i literally drop a ticket the same way every single time, i use account → not listed here every time and it works… every time.

not even sure what you’re replying to me for lmfao

Because they want to ignore the player and give us BS solutions that literally don’t work or are so generic they don’t even remotely come close to addressing 90% of people’s problems. Blizz of old is long gone. Now they are only interested in taking as much of our money while giving as little customer service as humanly possible. If this was not true there would be a button " Open a ticket " that was simple and easy to find.