Can't Shift Click in TBC Classic

I am unable to use the shift key for interface functions in WoW TBC Classic. This means I can’t shift-click player’s name’s to see their class and level, I can’t shift-click stacks of items in order to split, I can’t shift-click items in order to link them in chat, and most importantly; I can’t shift-click my gear in order to socket my gems into them.

I followed all steps prescribed in this article to fix this situation: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

– and nothing has solved my issue. I then uninstalled my entire game to then reinstall, and this issue still persists. Any other ideas?

1 Like

have you checked what your shift key is mapped to in your keybinds?

I have this issue as well, though i don’t know what my shift button was bound to before, and it doesn’t appear to be bound to anything right now.

Has anyone figured this out yet? Still having issues, I’ve tried literally everything. Reinstalling the game, deleted all addons, renamed the cache folders like in the OP. This is absurd. What is happening? How do I fix this? I can’t even socket my items because of this bug.

I’ve also done the file-renaming and the /console cvar_default thing. No luck. It also applies to ctrl-click. I’ve confirmed that ctrl/shift-click work outside of game, and things like shift-B work, and of course clicking works – but the two don’t work together.
Only on one character, though, so far as I can tell. (FWIW, a 66 druid that was questing in Bladespire when the problem turned up).

Currently doing the scan/repair function in battle.net.

I am having the same issue with my 68 Shaman. Was questing in Nagrand, when I hit 68, I grabbed my gear waiting for me in my bank, bought some gems and went to install them only to find out… shift click isn’t working for me. I first noticed it when I was trying to share a quest in chat and it wouldn’t work. I tried all the things everyone else has tried and still no luck. I unplugged both my keyboard and my mouse and plugged em back in with no change.

So I am wondering if anyone at blizz that can actually fix this bug will see this??

Open interface, key bindings. De-select “Character-specific key bindings” up at the top (in my case; for you it might be select/unselect/etc) .

You wouldn’t think that’d be it, after all the resetting and what not, but that seems to have fixed it. Found it in a year-old eu forums post.

74 Likes

Adaginy, I LOVE YOU!!! OMG this has been pissing me off for a week!!! Do this!! it worked… I can now socket my new gear!!! and link in chat and whispers!!

This worked! Thank you so much.

thank you thank you thank you!

Thank you!!!

Thank you. Gonna share on a few other forums. So annoying, and now it makes sense why it only effects one character.

Thanks for posting! I keep having this issue with certain updates (the ones that also turn off my click-to-move and set my loot key to ), and this fix is so much easier than getting into the backend and fixing files.

You’re literally a hero. I think this might be the first time I’ve ever posted on this forum you earned it.

Well done my friend, you got it.

Thank you so much <3

It worked!! Been having this issue for a week now!! Thank you so much!!

It’s 2/2/2022 and this solution still works!
Thank you for sharing this!

got a gm/support that logs into my acc does the reset and it works. logs out and reverts back to the issue of not being able to shift/ctrl+ click. anyone know of any other work arounds besides the ones listed here/

Thank you so much, i spent 2hrs researching, changing addons, etc trying to figure out why 1 toon of 9 wouldnt link items into the chat…thank you.