Can't server transfer, Blizz attempts to force realm faction balance and fails, not accepting tickets

I wanted to transfer my characters in SoD between servers with the paid service. When purchasing the service, I got no warnings about any realms being closed or not accepting transfers at the time.
I have an Alliance character on Wild Growth, and can make more there if I want.
When attempting to move one of my toons to Wild Growth, I get a message that the realm isn’t accepting transfers. I know the server has a faction inbalance, but it is a PvE server, so why should that matter? I can make more Alliance characters there, so what difference would it make if I just brought existing ones? I don’t have a lot of gold, and Blizz threw the economy out the window anyways with all the gold people made from Incursions, so that shouldn’t be an issue?

I was forced to move to Crusader Strike from Chaos Bolt, since then the people I made friends with stopped playing or left to other realms. I am not enjoying Crusader Strike, and the only option Blizz gives me after forcing me to move here or to Lava Lash is to pay to move somewhere else but only if it is a place they deem I am allowed to move to after they’ve taken my money? Why do I pay for them to choose where I can go? The attempts to force faction balance have failed in my opinion, and they need to just let it go, because so far the only thing in the game that needs a balanced server is the Ashenvale event from phase 1 (Bloodmoon is a free for all so factions don’t matter there), the attempted force for faction balance hasn’t worked as far as Incursions are concerned that is for sure, and if the rest of SoD server transfers/balance is going to be based off how fair Ashen is I call it all a bust.

To make it short; I have Alliance characters on a realm, I can make more Alliance characters on that realm, I get no warnings I can’t transfer to that realm, I pay money to transfer there and get told no. I don’t want a refund, I want some help for someone to do the logical thing and let me transfer.
To top it all off, they aren’t allowing tickets to be made right now either, so I have to come here and hope I get seen/heard about this annoying and senseless experience I’ve been put through.

If it hadn’t been used, you could have gotten a refund for the service since there are no paid transfers for SOD.

3 Likes

It appears the transfers will start on Tuesday.

5 Likes

Didn’t know they had this restriction, but then, why even let someone access the option to buy the transfer and activate it on SoD characters, why does the description only say it isn’t accepting transfers “at this time” instead of at all.

Gonna leave my post up cause even if that is a set guideline they made I don’t really care, it is a bad one in my opinion and is doing more damage then letting people transfer all they want. And again, They killed the server I was on and was enjoying just fine because ???, when Lava Lash had a lower population, then force us to move and now we’re stuck because they kicked us off the server I originally rolled on?

They can have a set guideline all they want and a terrible UX experience that doesn’t tell customers they can’t use the thing they just paid money for unless they go online, in the end the game is worse off for it.

Edit after Kyzera response:
This gives me some hope then, I can only hope that I’ll be able to move all 3 of my toons and to a PvE server of my choosing, but it looks like that isn’t very likely based off their wording and I have a feeling they’ll try to force us to go somewhere lower pop.

Thank you for the update.

1 Like

You’re welcome. Best of luck!

1 Like