Can't see Anduin for Quest "An Unwelcome Advisor"

Hey there, trying to start the cloak quest on an alt and it seems I can’t see Anduin on the throne for the “An Unwelcome Advisor” part.

Second to that, the quest “On Whispered Winds” seems to be having the same issue where I can’t see the NPC’s its telling me to meet.

Any ideas?

3 Likes

i think the respective NPC’s were removed in preparation for the expansion. all i know is, “Bleeding Bloodhoof” and “Storming Stormwind” are removed from the Black War Bear achievements for Horde and Alliance respectively.

hell, Baine wasn’t even in Thunderbluff when i visited there on an alt and he wasn’t anywhere NEAR lvl 50. but its weird. Anduin was in Stormwind Keep when i visited on an alt to turn in “Tides of War”. :thinking:

I also cannot complete this quest since I cannot see Anduin. This basically kills getting the legendary back so I kinda hope you fix it…

1 Like

Any word on this yet from anyone?

Yes, I need a fix for this if possible. I have a few characters left that need a cloak.

2 Likes

Abandon the Darkshore quest “On Whispered Winds”. I was then able to see Anduin.

This is the fix right here guys, just tried it.

2 Likes

Abandoning “On Whispered Winds” didn’t fix it for me?

Same issue here on my priest. No other quests, all the nazjatar stuff done and cant get anduin. I tried grouping with a toon that had anduin and theyd see him and id see turalyon. Even with party sync it always phased to turalyon. We both are in the same shard, the only difference is the king. Opened a ticket they said to look it up and try with no add ons none of which worked.

Seems to be fixed now. When I drop the quest now it switches back to anduin, I can go over and pick up the quest from maiev. Re log, re get the quest and turn in to anduin.

Zero quests in log, relog, still no Anduin. Guess I have to wait 5d for darkshore portal to try that.

This fixed it thanks

I don’t have the quest on whispered winds and still can’t find anduin

I ended up using a combination of sync’ing with other players and accepting/dropping various parts of the Darkshore questline to get quest past this inital point of a pushed on questline. Very annoying but done. Surprised how badly this was done code wise and getting past quality control…

I’m also having this problem on MULTIPLE alliance characters. Was able to figure out that it’s due to a phasing issue involving Anduin and Genn, and quests related to them. Got Anduin to appear on one character, but still have several that still can’t see/find him. Hopefully Blizzard is aware and will get it fixed soon.

same, dropped On Whispered Winds

My problem stemmed from a questline from LEGION, “The King’s Path”, involving Anduin that begins with “A Found Memento” from the Broken Shore. I had started, but never completed, and didn’t have any of the quests from it in my quest log. Had to figure out where I had left off, which was “A Kingdoms Heart”, and COMPLETE the rest of the questline before I could see Anduin on the throne and complete the quest “An Unwelcome Advisor”.

1 Like

I’ve got this problem for another quest, An End to the Killing: An End to the Killing - Anduin replaced by Turalyon

try to seek chromie on that tree near the embassy

I’ve had this problem on my monk Jenrum-Stormrage since I hit 50 on him, made a ticket and at first got the typical automated response “this is a problem on your end” which OBVIOUSLY it’s not so I reopened the ticket, and the actual GM that responded to me about it said they’re aware of the problem and can’t do anything about it until a fix is put in.

This was 2 weeks ago. :slight_smile:

I’ve since gone out of my way to TRY and fix it on my end VIA doing quests that might effect Anduin’s phasing, such as the Night Warrior quests, and nothing works, I just go back into the keep, Shaw says “I have little to report my king.” and Turalyon appears on the throne.

Considering how long this pre-patch is going to be before we even get the pre-patch content, you’d think Blizzard would’ve tried a little harder to fix these issues so we could AT LEAST play the “old/current” content, but no, can’t even get my cloak, can’t do invasions, and can’t do Nyalotha obviously because no cloak = dead at Carapace/N’zoth.

1 Like