Can't put sockets on Obsidian Collar

Tiered Medallion Setting does not work on this item, says “This item cannot be modified”.

Obsidian Collar is the neck that can be Purchased by reaching “Friend” rank with Wrathion in the Obsidian Citadel.

24 Likes

Tiered Medallion Setting specifically mentions end-game quality loot. Perhaps it doesn’t consider that neck piece to be end-game quality?

It’s definitely end-game quality loot. It just needs to be marked as such. items of much lower item levels can be socketed. These rep items have caused nothing but headaches.

2 Likes

Tried all 3 types of Tiered Medallion Setting with none of them working

1 Like

Bump for visibility. Having the same issue obviously.

2 Likes

Same issue here. I spent a lot of time and money getting this rep JUST for this necklace and this is extremely frustrating.

3 Likes

Mark me down as having this issue, too. Very upsetting.

3 Likes

Hopefeully blizz sees this.

2 Likes

same issue here

Bumping for visibility. Hoping for a fix, quite the letdown after working so long for this.

2 Likes

Bump, i want sockets.

1 Like

bumping for sockets

1 Like

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

2 Likes

Wanted to bump this. Right now you can socket necks much lower ilvl. Kinda feels bad after doing a large farm for an upgrade and it turns out it is worse than neck’s 20 ilvls lower.

2 Likes

Same issue here, the setting cannot be applied to Obsidian Collar.

Please fix asap Blizzard!

Bump for visibility

Bump. Can’t socket this neck after farming for hours…

Would be nice to know if this is intentional or not, I have a necklace from rares that’s lower ilvl to put sockets on but I’d like to be able to socket this one. As it stands without 3 sockets on it, this necklace is just to pad item level and gets surpassed by necks that are like 360 ilvl.

2 Likes

bump. Any updates on this issue?

Bump. Issue still persists. I’m able to put a socket on a Blue 369 neck but not on the Obsidian Collar. BLIZZ FIX THIS PLEASE.