Can't put sockets on Obsidian Collar

bump same issue here.

1 Like

Bump same issues here. Dropped 1m gold on the items and cant even use the neck smh

bump. blizz please address this asap

bump, same issue

Bump, same issue

Same issue

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

Can confirm just got my rep to purchase 389 ilvl Necklace from Wrathian and cannot use tiered medallion setting on it. Please fix this as I was able to put 3 slots on a blue 369 ilvl necklace but can’t on an epic 389 ilvl necklace!!

1 Like

This is funny

What makes you and everyone else here think this is an actual bug?

“socket an end game item”
Since when have vendor items been end game?

Think back to the past couple expansions when they started to introduce specific items to socket your gear; what was the requirement? - “requires season_# xpac item from rated pvp, mythic+ or raids”.

Could it be a bug? Maybe. I doubt it though.
I feel like you can only add sockets to items that you earned through a drop off any kind of mob.

Not that long really—only since vanilla came out.

Technically, “sockets” weren’t a vanilla thing. Jewelcrafting and sockets were introduced in TBC, and adding sockets to unsocketed gear was added to the game in Wrath.

None of that addresses whether sockets were addable to “endgame” gear, or “vendor” gear. Or whether endgame gear was ever a vendor item.

In Wrath, you definitely could add a socket to an endgame belt (like an ICC drop).

Since I can socket an ilvl 200 green neck that dropped from a random mob while leveling :slight_smile:

Bumping for visibility

its answered in another post but a blue post,link down below.its an unintented bug and they looking to fix it.

3 Likes

has this been fixed yet?

Well let’s hope it’s fixed by monday or it’s as if the neck never existed.

You can add sockets onto the pvp 340 gear…which is from a vendor.

3 days and still no update. Pretty sad. Guess its going in the bin

So I recently got the rep for obsidian neck. Of course found out can’t add sockets. If this is intentional, it would be pretty pooptastic. And if they’re going to segregate time syncs from something as valuable as adding THREE SOCKETS to a neck you better start tagging items that aren’t considered “End-game” so people can make informed decisions on where they waste their time.