Can't promote anyone to guild master and can not leave guild

Hello, I hope this is in the right place. I have a bank guild with three characters in it and all three belong to me from two different accounts. The guild leader is not the character I want it to be and I can not switch the leader, promote, demote or leave the guild on the lead character, any suggestions or is there something I am missing?

Well first step id suggest is a FULL UI reset to rule out a corrupted UI https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7549

1 Like

first the account of the character you want to promote to guild leader needs to have an Authenticator on it, and it needs to have been active for seven days before you can transfer the lead.

2 Likes

If you are that unhappy, why keep playing then?

Also please mindful of thread dates when replying instead of necroing a thread from December 2019.

7 Likes

If you would like something changed you can post constructively in general for everyone to see. The devs do not view this forum for any kind of feedback.

Yes constructively or will just be ignored

3 Likes

I suppose it depends on what you mean when you say the guild dies. If the guild isn’t under your leadership and isn’t set up to allow someone else to dethrone the current inactive guild leader then your option is to leave the guild and find another.

Otherwise, we do have mechanics set in place that allow qualifying members of a guild to take over leadership. Leadership can also be transferred between members, even if they are offline. Which allows you to transfer leadership to an alt character who belongs to the guild.

Looking at the four characters you recently logged into, it looks like the two guilds that you belong to have a guild leader that was logged in today so I’m not entirely certain what your issue is, Dexima. Unless it is simply to take an unprompted opportunity to resurrect a thread from 2019 to disparage the game.

Not that it is relevant but I’m assuming you must have another Battle.net account with an older WoW license since the one you are posting on was created in June of last year.

10 Likes

What are you even on about? Ignoring the fact that you necro’d this for no reason other than to complain, they were given a reason why they probably couldn’t promote the character they wanted to. They never came back to say that it did or didn’t work.

And if you’re so miserable? There’s the door. No one is sitting on you to force you to stay and play.

4 Likes

Sighs, the necromancers are getting really bad around here. This thread was two years old.

2 Likes