Can't play with my low level friend?

Everytime I go see him in dragon isles, he’s phased and says ‘‘you can’t see them until they leave timewalking or you enter it. talk to chromie near embassy in stormwind.’’ next to his name.

When I go see chromie there’s no way I can hop in his phase not sure if it’s because i’m level 70 and he’s 67. Is there a way I can play with him?

You could do party sync with him. Or he could leave Chromie time.

3 Likes

Tell him to talk to Chromie and return to the present timeline, you should be able to see eachother then.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply, if he returns to present time, and we go back to df, will it screw his quests up ?

No it shouldn’t disrupt any quests in progress.

1 Like

he says he can only ask questions, there’s no way he can hop in present time, is present time cata ?

Having the low level player leave Chromie time does not fix the issue. They’re still perma-phased into a non-70 version of Dragonflight.

Presumably this is to keep non-70s from doing content like Dreamsurges and Fyrakk, which is ridiculous, since a major feature of Dreamsurges is the 25% XP bonus for activites and questing in that zone.

1 Like

Thank you so much, I was about to say… I didn’t know about this.

None of what these people told you will fix the issue. Toons below 70 are put in a special phase in the dragon isle regardless of if they have or have not talked to Chromie ever in their entire adventuring career.

It seems intentional and not a bug. below 70 cannot see a 70 in the dragon isles no matter what you do (with the expectation of if the below 70 goes to a 70 only place like ZM then they phase together)

edit: Sorry, the Shammy up there told you correct…a perma-phase of non-70s is the current problem

1 Like

Wonder if it is a problem or rather by design. From the pre-expansion content update notes: “Dragonflight content is now the new default leveling experience for levels 10 to 70 (was Battle for Azeroth).”.

1 Like

I agree.

This should be a question for the CS Forums.

If it is a Bug, then it can be reported ti the Bug Forums and/or in-game Bug feedback.

This is crazy. You literally cannot play with friends that are lower level than you anymore. There is no way to leave Chromie time. How is this not a much bigger issue for people.

1 Like

I just talked my son into playing WoW again. And He had to buy a new computer to play it on. And Now we have a very hard time playing together because of this F-D up Chromie time. New players get bumped right into Dragonflight on a level 1 alt now. And it’s in Chromie time. But I have found that if you can get that player to Stormwind, You can actually go to other continents to play with them once you pull them from Dragonflight. My son is with me on Refer a Friend program, But me being able to help my refer a friend got taken away by this Chromie time thing. My son is now level 45. But until level 50 I think Chromie time will not go away in Dragonflight, and I can’t find a way to cancel it either. However I was able to take him around other places yesterday for some BM Hunter Pets. That was kinda nice. But try and see if you can take your New Friend to another continent to play, and help them. If you have your friend on the Refer a Friend program, You can Summon that friend on your Socials window, to where-ever your at. Hope this works for you too. Good Luck!