Can't merge accounts anymore?

I have two accounts, am the original owner of both and they are both under the same name. One is my original WoW account that is over a decade old. The second account is about 3 years old now. When I created my 2nd account, I was unaware of the ability to create it under the same bnet, and have it as WoW1/WoW2 etc. I was told that you could make a ticket to contact support to “merge” the accounts, or move the WoW license from one account to another. I knew many friends/guildies who successfully did this. I put it off tho because of how congested it was to open a ticket.

The other day I finally decided to try to merge my accounts, as it was gettin annoying not being able to use an authenticator on my 2nd account. I put in a ticket but received a response that said support could no longer merge accounts as of April 18th of this year. Is this really true? If so, was there any sort of warning for this? Really annoying as I built a lot of progress on my 2nd account and would really like to share the progress between them, along with being able to use an authenticator for both…

You realy cant merge accounts you can transfer toons but any boa pets mounts and herlirooms stay with original account.

4 Likes

They will not merge accounts anymore. They stopped it a few months back.

Source

Account unlocks, and account-bound things (toys, mounts, etc.) would remain with the originating account, so even if the merges were still available, they wouldn’t work like you’re hoping it would, from the sound of it. Just because I missed this when I first responded. Account-bound things would remain with the originating account - period.

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply. That really sucks because I made my 2nd account well before they made the change to stop merging. Didn’t realize it was a “service” that was an exception.

I have a decent amount of rare mounts on wotlk classic on my original account, and my 2nd account has my “main alt” on it, and I’d love to be able to use my mounts on that char.

Just to keep the terminology straight, if the mounts you’re referring to on your original account that is 10+ years old, that isn’t classic - that was still just Retail.

Now, you can make use of those mounts still - so long as you understand that it is only for Retail and retail alone - and that is if you transfer characters from the newer account one by one to your original account. Mind you, you will lose any account-wide unlocks from your second account to be able to use those mounts. You will have to decide which means most to you, in that instance.

One thing you should always keep in mind is that just because X was possible for some stretch, does not mean that is always going to be the case. Account “merges” never were true merges. It was choosing one account over the other, really. Things didn’t just sandwich together neatly. They never did. But rather than creating an entirely new account under the assumption you’d be able to sandwich everything together - it was misguided, I’m sorry to say.

But you still do have options. Retail characters are transferrable between accounts, so long as you understand that the account-wide unlocks remain with the originating account. Now Classic or Progressive Classic characters, they’re not able to move like that, but Retail at least, you do have options.

3 Likes