Can't make purchases in store

Hello everyone, I haven’t logged on in years and I want to upgrade my account to the newest expansion and add game time. However, whenever I attempt to do so, I get an error message that states I cant make purchases in the blizzard store. I made sure that my parental controls are updated. I also made sure that my payment methods are up to date. Does this mean that because I’ve been gone for so long that I am blocked by the system? If so, how can I get this problem resolved.

I don’t believe so Kushups. I don’t think I’ve heard about someone being blocked from the shop due to inactivity :wink:

Some purchases are still available via the online shop, while others are required to happen from the in-game shop. Game time and upgrades can be found using the links below.

For example, you can purchase a block of game time here:

The game expansions can also be found here:

1 Like

Hello Perl, I tried to use the links you just provided and I still received the error message "This account cannot make purchases from the blizzard shop.

1 Like

That’s weird. This usually only comes up when there are parental controls on the account. Even the support article on that specific error says the same :frowning:

I know you said you already checked it, but you might want to double check them just to be sure.

Hey, I just went back and double-checked to make sure the “Allow in-game purchases”, was enabled. It was, but it still brings up the same error message when I attempt to purchase. This is an unfortunate inconvenience, I really am eager to get back to playing with my friends.

Try logging completely out of the forums and game/desktop launcher (if you’re logged in there too), clear your browser’s cookies and cache and then close down and reload your browser to force it to have you log back in.

Maybe it’s just your browser thinking your restrictions are still there. It’s worth a shot! It’s also worth trying a different browser altogether.

Beyond that, you might need to reach out to billing to see what’s up!

1 Like

Ok I will try that now. Thank you for your help and patience. I truly hope this works this time.

2 Likes

Here’s a link to contact billing regarding your inability to make a purchase. Wait times on tickets are quite long right now, as much as 2 days. Hopefully they will be able to get to you sooner.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/167/ticket

You can now play accounts with no paid time against them as trial accounts - level character up to level 20 with social restrictions on them.

I would download the game and try to login to your old account. Just to see if you can login. If you can’t login, you may have been hacked.

1 Like

This specific error usually indicates that the Blizzard account has been banned/blocked from using the online store. The most common reason that is done is due to payment disputes/credit card charge backs.

Our support team should be able to explain any outstanding balances or fees on the account. To start that process, open a ticket here:

https://battle.net/support/help/product/services/334/345/solution

1 Like