Can't loot herb cache

More accurately, the responsibility would fall on the addon creators. That’s where you would want the warnings added.

While the game is developed in such a way to allow players the freedom to create them, it is not developed to ensure compatibility like that. The onus is entirely on the addon creator to make sure things work smoothly.

Blizzard does not create the addons you use, nor is the coding stored anywhere on their hardware that would allow them to see how the addon is written, thus they cannot promise any particular outcome.

1 Like

Blizzard allows the use of addons, but DOES NOT support them. Why should Blizzard add a warning when it is not their coding that the issue is with.

1 Like

A bit late I suppose, but a container (herb cache, lock boxes, etc) can contain items you’re not eligible to access. Hence the container can appear empty, and yet continue to exist.

My speculation is that you presently have a container that has something you’re unable to use (and therefore see).

Very rare issue. I’ve had this happen once in my 17 years in this game. Excluding that thing where multiple identical quest drops appear when looting bodies… which really is the same base condition.

2 Likes

I was not referring to add ons, I am only referring to settings within the game. I can easily re-download add ons, but apparently I have no way to get back my personal settings should they go back to default. That’s unfortunate and I believe Bliz should have added a warning on their UI reset page that states what could happen.

To be blunt: Blizzard isn’t going to add a warning due to the fact using add-ons are at will and Blizzard doesn’t offer support dealing with them. If an add-on breaks or doesn’t work for some reason, Blizzard isn’t going to be able to offer help other then point folks to the makers.

To be fair, it does state

Resetting your UI to default settings

But if you feel that the support article needs to be more concise on what exactly will happen after doing an UI Reset, then you will need to submit feedback specific to that article.

In addition, you can post on the Support Site Feedback forum:

7 Likes

Well… you should be able to revert your game settings by restoring the WTF folder.

I’ve been using the same configuration files since Vanilla, and even migrated them to macOS from Windows.

3 Likes

It’s described in the support document.

That’s why it tells you to rename files.

4 Likes