Can't loot herb cache

I received a Hero’s Herbalism Cache from a mission and when I opened it, I saw two herbs but then I got an error. I tried relogging and reloading my UI, still nothing. I received three Nightshade but can’t seem to get the second herb that was in there.

How do I get help?

Well, first thing to do is an ui reset.

3 Likes

Yes, a proper reset UI would be the first step. This could easily be a UI issue.

2 Likes

Silly question: are your bags full? What is the error exactly?

1 Like

No, my bags were not full and I don’t remember what the error was.

Honestly, this reset was a waste of time. It would have been easier and quicker just to go farm 2-3 herbs and be done with it. After the proper reset per the linked steps, the cache was still showing as empty and remained in my bag even though I know there were more herbs in it. Now, I have to redownload all my add ons and weakauras.

I appreciate the suggestion but next time maybe warn people they will have to redo all that and it may not be worth it.

Just a tip, anytime dealing with ui related issues, they’re going to ask you to do an ui reset because that’s the first line of troubleshooting this kind of thing. You’d need to rename the folders, not delete them, as you can easily rename them back to the default names afterwards if they didn’t work.

2 Likes

EDIT: It did not work. All my settings are messed up and I don’t even remember all the changes I’d made over the years. Is there no way to get back the settings I had prior to this useless reset? I’m now beyond annoyed since there was no warning that I can recall that everything would permanently be lost.

Not unless they’re in your Recycle Bin.

The instructions you were linked to had you renaming the folders (step 5), not deleting them. This way you could simply rename them back after troubleshooting.

I followed the steps exactly. I renamed everything to …old. I didn’t delete anything. I went back and renamed those I updated to …old to what they were before. I see my original add ons, the only thing that didn’t go back to what it was are the settings.

Ok, to confirm, you are seeing the add-ons in the game itself, it’s just their configurations are back to default, correct?

Happens to me too from time to time. Think it’s a random bug.

I have not logged on since Sunday. This is the longest I’ve gone in a while and I’m contemplating just quitting.

Bliz, are you going to help so I can get my settings back? A blue responded with the reset UI suggestion, which I did, and now my settings are not what they were prior to the reset.

Blizzard is unable to help here as the servers don’t host add-on settings server-side. The blues here would have no idea what your settings were, nor they can really give step-by-step guide on how to do that.

3 Likes

A reset is just that, a complete and utter reset. It’s not something that can be undone.

Which folders did you rename and then un-name to try and put things back to the way they were? Or did you just do it for your add-on folder, not the others?

I’m asking because if you renamed the folders and moved them aside BEFORE you did any of the reset, the original data should still be there, if you hadn’t put the WTF folder back to the way when you switched back from your ‘old’ rename. When I have swapped computers over the years, I always put my WTF and Add-on folders on an external hard drive so I don’t have to sit there and redo all of my personalized settings. So if your WTF folder is still untouched, there may be a way to salvage your settings.

4 Likes

Put more simply, all the settings are contained in WTF. Make sure the correct folder is the correct name.

4 Likes

Thank you. I’m all sorts of rambly and disconnected tonight.

1 Like

Ive been there, having to fix all your settings is a pain, but there really isnt any way for Blizz to make them go back the way they were. Blizz have absolutely nothing to do with add ons or their settings.
Resetting the UI, a full reset, wipes all those settings. Sometimes the data can be saved in the wtf file but sometimes, unfortunately, you just need to go thru add on by add on and reset everything manually.

2 Likes

I keep a copy of the holy trinity of folders in a folder on my desktop, just as a back-up in case something happens. The hard part is remembering to update them as you update your addons.

3 Likes

I keep an entire backup of WoW, refreshed whenever I perform a major OS update (I like to do clean-sheet updates). Sure it gets out of date, but at least I won’t need to redownload the mega-sized texture packs and whatnot if WoW becomes corrupt. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shouldn’t Bliz and the blue that responded have made sure I was aware of that PRIOR to the reset? Had I known even the potential of something weird happening over a couple of herbs, I would never have done it. That’s the most frustrating part. ADD THE WARNING!