Can't login with my main

When I try to login with my main orc hunter named Gundai on Mal’Ganis. It says the name is already taken. I had that name for 2 years and I play him everyday. I have an active sub for two years in a row. I have no trouble logging on to other characters.

5 Likes

That often happens if you disconnect and the system hasn’t removed you yet. It has nothing to do with your name being claimed or otherwise unavailable.

Try using the Unable to Move option. If the character can’t be moved or otherwise errors out you should be able to submit a ticket so a Game Master can take a look.

4 Likes

this is happening to me as well right now, its also saying Error collecting character list

5 Likes

Same is happening to me.

2 Likes

same here. very irritating

1 Like

Same thing happening here

2 Likes

Same. Error Collecting character list, but only on Dalaran server. I can log into other characters on other servers just fine.

1 Like

Same is happening to me, except I dont even get a list of characters. Error collecting character list. Stormrage server…

2 Likes

the same thing has just happened to me I play Diadem on Dalaran server as my main and it is saying the name has been taken.

i expect to be compensated for this … i didnt pay to be kicked from the game

Same issue here keeps doing it to me can’t retrieve list or names taken

1 Like

Same, that’s why I came to check in the forums. Seems like we are all experiencing issues…so fun.

1 Like

There have been a spike in issues reported in regards to logging in or even playing. I was in an instance and couldn’t target anything, like my connection was lagging, but it wasn’t. Can’t log in without randomly being booted now.

1 Like

Same issue here…Dalaran

1 Like

Same here in Dalaran. Started by saying the character name was already in use, now it’s error retrieving character list. Pretty bummed, I was looking forward to a couple of hours of grinding.

1 Like

same here any word on how to fix it?

1 Like

and now it says world server down

this has nothing to do with whats going on
this is the kind of stuff that gets people to quit this game
really its about time it gets shut down

Same here (Malg’anis) i can’t see any of my character

This is getting irritating. any idea whats going on Blizz?