Can't log in anymore

Then I suggest asking in Customer Support. If they cannot help with options, they can then give you the correct ticket path.

Get ProtonVPN (it’s free) or TunnelBear (has a trial version). See if that works. Connect to any center that is close to Chicago or to your current location.

I for one, have been experiencing lots of disconnects, and occasional lag, even when using a top-notch VPN (PIA). But for the most part it has been very stable (because of my VPN; blizzard has terrible routing from SA to NA).

To anyone that may say it’s my ISP; I’m pretty sure it’s not, since it’s the only game input lag is an issue on.

1 Like

Sounds like you’re sore the pounding Blizz gave you

I asked this in another thread, but got no answer.

Is it really OK to use a VPN to reduce lag? Would that not actually increase latency? Way I understand it, is you are connecting to blizzard, right, normally? But if you put a VPN in the way, its gotta route from your setup, to the VPN, then to blizzard, then back through the VPN, back to you.

My sysop friend agreed with me, on that.

1 Like

To my understanding, yes it is ok. It wasn’t in the past, but as of now, it is; at least from what I’ve heard from my fellow Latinos in SA.

This depends on the server you play on. In my case I play in Area-52 and by connecting through Mexico or Brazil, my pings is a stable 132ms. Though playing from, for example Moon Guard, it is around 155ms, while in… Frostmourne (OCE) it would be around 250ms. Ragnaros and Quel’Thalas gives me around 160ms each.

I would also like to add that the VPN gives me stability and it does reduce my input lag, though not by much… But it does gives me incredible stability. Before using a VPN to play WoW; instancing or zoning would increase my input lag by a lot! But not with my current VPN. It has truly made my WoW experience a lot better.

Just keep in mind, Blizz doesn’t support VPNs.

1 Like

But it has also made some players experience worse?

Not at all. The difference between a VPN and Blizzard is that the routing traffic is a lot “cleaner” e.i is more fluent due to amount of people using it.

But by the numbers you yourself have posted, players in NA have to deal with your 150-200ms lag in a group, when my latency is 20ms. So it does effect us.

Well, the VPN is letting me connect but the game is unplayable with the massive latency on the free server.

I don’t believe that’s how it works. I believe that you’re referring to what happens when playing with OCE players, which to my knowledge, they do have a data center in Australia, unlike us in SA, we have nothing of that.

At least you can connect now, let’s celebrate that.

May I ask, where are you from? If like me, you’re from SA. I might be able to help you through this.

Nuke and pave, nuke and pave

1 Like

6 Likes

I play computer games and WoW on a VM, nuke and pave all the way :smiley:

This is why I said to use a VPN, you have discovered that the problem is not in your computer, but is a network problem somewhere between you and the game server, the VPN bypassed the problem area.

Go into your router and look for a option to cycle or release your public IP address and try to get it to give you a new one. Your ip address may be being flagged by a cloudflare service or something similar. That was the source of my problem.

5 Likes

To add to this: set your router in DMZ mode, or open all the ports WoW needs.

If it was a port problem on the router, the VPN would not have resolved the connection problem.
This smells like a DNS or routing problem.

2 Likes

WoW…F2P? Are you sure about that?

This indicates its on your end.