Can't list M+ group

I am so glad I have this old Authenticator that I got years ago just so I can’t list groups with it and I have to put this on my Mobile phone ffs.

Oh my bad, can’t complain about this… it’s my fault for not just “re-authenticating” my account.

3 Likes

I’m almost there with you.

2 Likes

Edit: I go back to the game and now it works…

I DID ABSOLUTELY NOTHING… I added my Mobile phone number and spent 15 minutes trying to figure out wth is going on and poof… now it works and I changed nothing.

1 Like

does blizzard want to pay the cell phone bills? they should disable the need for an authenticator until this is fixed. Now I’m screwed for 2 weeks, because I need a key for the mythic dungeon weekly coming up next week and I got 2 dead mechagon keys on my on 2 characters that desperately need gear and can’t create their own groups.

Even with the authenticator pre requisite there are still groups listed that have advertisements to boosting websites. The need for an authenticator just screws over regular people without cell phones and younger kids trying to play the game.

Blizzard has to revert the change.

6 Likes

Hello I cannot list my mechagon key. Any help would be best appreciated thanks.

4 Likes

Yup.

The only thing that really affected the adds was the level 50 requirement. It looks like they might be taking action on accounts once a month or so, but by the end of the week they’re back up and running like normal.

And with the speed and certainty they handled the mage tower boosting it’s pretty clear they’re fingerprinting machines and installs. A bunch of different accounts all completing the tower on a single machine and install and it’s not the machine they usually play on? Probably the only way they could be so sure so quickly.

So security is no better or worse than email verification.

It’s about “Don’t you have phones.” They want to normalize installing their software on your phone.

I assume this is still “a bug” but their willingness to antagonize and burden customers over this is just another straw on the camels back.

2 Likes

Still ongoing, and the post up top about it showing the wrong character I’m wondering if signing up is showing group leaders miss information as well.

My LFG tool is also randomly showing that I have different item levels when trying to que for LFR, depending on which wing of which raid I’m trying to get into and they’re never showing high enough to que for anything. Reloading doesn’t fix that but logging out and back in will and I have no idea what’s triggering it. Already messed with deleting folders/addons like they tell us to and it didn’t fix either issue.

4 Likes

Yep, unable to play the game and list my key, gaming moments.

3 Likes

go into your profile and change your default character

unless you have a bug on your account like mine. I have a mobile authenticator, still can’t change my key, and now I have this bug ontop of that

2 Likes

my brother is having this same problem, cant list his plus 4. he even set up an authenticator and it still doesnt work

3 Likes

yeah i cant list a M+4 key, Even thoghu i listed a 3…like an hr ago. now its busted, Sigh

1 Like

Confirmed still broke 8/4/22

1 Like

you have to have an authenticator PLUS SMS(aka attach a phone number to the account) turned on. when they originally released this my phone number was rejected cause the area code was brand new, but now I have been able to link my number and it has enabled me to change my key listing

You do not need an Authenticator to list a key.

2 Likes

to list a key you have in your bags, no. unless you have the bug thats going around right now. to list a key outside of your bags, you need both the authenticator AND SMS

2 Likes

Same issue can’t use my Mythic 15 key wont ley me list the key

2 Likes

Has Blizz confirmed it’s a bug? I haven’t seen any blue post or anything. I ask because this is a make or break deal for me. If it’s a bug, I have no issue. If it’s intentional to persuade people to get an authenticator, well I’ll be saving some money every month.

5 Likes

when they first released tazavesh as a M+ we had the same issue but they fixed it pretty quickly, so based on that I assume that it is a bug but I have not seen any confirmation yet personally

This has basically made pushing m+ right now a nightmare LFG is very full and getting in to a pug group is a almost impossible being unable to push my own key is kind of hamstringing my prog.

3 Likes

Still a bug :mosquito:

2 Likes