Can't link items in trade/guild chat on some characters

I have a few characters on my account that cannot link items to be crafted in trade chat. I tried to link the same item in general and guild chat and those didn’t work either. I’ve confirmed my chat windows are interactive, disabled all addons, set cvars to default, and removed my wtf, interface, and cache folders with no help. Everything works as expected on my main character. Any thoughts on what I can do to fix this?

This would have been my recommendation, along with making sure (after doing that) that your windows were set to make them interactive.

Just note, if you’ve done this properly, then there will be zero addons to disable, as your UI should be 100% stock.

Edit to add: You can always try the UI reset a second time to make sure it sticks.

2 Likes

This is correct. There are no addons to disable.

Performed additional testing from the crafting center. I can navigate to say Weapons->One -Handed->Daggers and link an item from there to trade chat successfully. I can add an optional missive reagent and set minimum quality to rank 5 and successfully link it to trade chat. The problem seems to be the moment I add the Enchanted Whelpling’s Dreaming Crest optional reagent I’m no longer able to link the item in chat.

1 Like

Wondering if any resolution was found for this issue?

This just started happening to me on 9/1/2024. The symptoms are identical, and the issue seems to revolve around the Enchanted Weathered Harbringer Crests. As soon as I add those to the craft menu, I am no longer able to link it to any chat.

Have you filed a bug report?

1 Like

I did, this is their reply:

"Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing technical difficulties.

Based on the information you have provided, this issue should be resolved by following some specific troubleshooting steps. We recommend starting with the troubleshooting guide available on our support site: https://battle.net/support/article/000358715

This guide covers common issues and solutions that should resolve the problem you are experiencing.

If the previous troubleshooting steps do not resolve the problem, you can ask the Blizzard player community for help on the tech support forums (if available) or other community gaming sites. Local computer or network technicians may also be able to help if you’ve exhausted all other resources.

Thank you for your patience, and we hope to get you back in the game soon.

Kind regards,
Customer Support"

To say I am disappointed in the response is an understatement. I went through all of those steps and more before contacting them.

Normally you would not get a reply to a straight up bug report, do follow the steps under UI reset.

1 Like

You got that template reply because you made a ticket, not a bug report. You also put it in technical help which is more for hardware, software, or connection problems.

To make a bug report you can do that on the bug report forum here or in game through the help menu. There’s a button to click to dona bug report.

2 Likes

I will attempt to make a bug report as well. I thought the support ticket might be better suited, perhaps I was mistaken.

I have just completed the steps outlined in the UI reset protocol. The issue remains unchanged.

Bug report made!

1 Like