Can't launch Battle.net App - DLL error

I had a Battle.Net update and then it tells me to reinstall battle.net app.

7 Likes

Same.

“A required DLL could not be found. Please download and reinstall Battle.net.”

9 Likes

Glad I’m not the only one - same here

same so i go to reinstall and it gets stuck at like 70% updating

I went to bliz and clicked download battle.net and it updated and opened. I didn’t have to uninstall anything.

11 Likes

That worked. Thank you!

1 Like

Mine did this, too. You can still play using the executable (Wow.exe) in the World of Warcraft folder in the meantime, though!

Went to Blizz. What Blizz? Not understanding.

Just throwing my two cents in. I have the same issue.

Had the same issue. Tried to do a re-install of the app but the issue persists.

1 Like

same issue going on for me. I stopped all battle-net processes, and tried restarting it. did not work. uninstalled the launcher and tried reinstalling, same issue

2 Likes

Scroll down and “Download” Battle.net. This fixed it for me.

2 Likes

Ok, after doing a full uninstall and deleting the battle.net folder in C:\Program Data\ and then re-installing I was able to get it to work.

1 Like

it took me 3 tries downloading it off battle net of the offical site to get it to work

Same deal, just use the old Bnet setup that you first used. It fixed it then, kept everything intact, including addons. Annoying though.

Same issue here. Had it open all day, got prompted for a update restart. Clicked restart now and it immediately threw the dll error.

3 Likes

Thank you very much.

This worked, I was bout to uninstall bu tit said “remove all files?” I was like nahhhh im bout to raid, so I came here, all fixed, thanks!

Ok since it helped me, and it seems others, might as well make it easy for people to see w/o having to scroll through. Do not Uninstall/reinstall, don’t touch any folders. Just go to,

scroll down to Download Battle.net, and click it. Kalakins suggested this, and it worked.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing this with others. Not sure why it was not working for me but yeah, definitely try this before what I had to do for the uninstall/re-install.