Can't launch Battle.net App - DLL error

This.
I was playing not 30 min ago and when I came back I got this also.

3 Likes

This worked.
Thank you. :hugs:

Ran into the same DLL could not be found error a couple hours ago. Removed the app and downloaded it again which fixed the issue, was able to get into WOW. I shut down my computer for a while and when I came back the same DLL error is there again.

2 Likes

Same issue.

The download tricked worked. See above; scroll up to void elf mage’s post and link.

The one thing I am upset about is the lack of any response from Blizzard. I am not hating, but being someone who works in a field where you do technical support for others, that there is an issue that multiple people are seeing, it would be nice to just see a “we see that there is an issue and we are looking into it.” Just acknowledgement is nice. It shows that people see what is going on. I know we have figured out a work around but the issue is still there.

3 Likes

Same issue and used same fix…hope it stays fixed will see

Thank you! That worked

I just downloaded this dll and added it to the folder. It didn’t work. It told me that I have to restart PC for changes but I went to sleep instead. Once I woke up, everything is OK and the client works - so I think it was some inside job :smiley:

1 Like

Mine is working again after re-downloading battlnet and re-installing. Don’t just replace the .dll that is just asking for trouble.

I had this problem too. At first I uninstalled and reinstalled and that seemed to fix the problem for almost the entire day. And then it happened again about 10 minutes ago at time of typing and this time I searched up to see if this was happening to anyone else.

Now one thing I want to note as I don’t know if this has been checked by anyone else yet is that there seems to be something going wrong with the App’s update data, somehow? I actually went and searched for the battle.net folder and on exploring it found it had not one, but -two- folders; one of the most recent update, and one of an earlier version. It seems that for some reason it’s creating the earlier version folder and then shifting all dll files into that earlier version folder. It might be what’s breaking battle.net.

Right now I have two entire folders full of dll files and …honestly I’m not entirely sure what to do about it right now. Presumably the old folder is no longer necessary but I’m unwilling to destroy it just in case it restarts the problem all over again or makes some other bad thing happen.

Hope this is helpful, I don’t know if this is an issue that’s affecting everyone in the same way but, it does appear to be the case at least at the moment.

1 Like

Ddos is what is probably causing all of this, It’s not us, its a blizzard issue!

You know I hadn’t considered that possibility, but it seems odd that it’s taken as long as it has for it to be noticed if it really is a DDoS. It could be some glitch in the battle.net system causing it to mistake an older version for the new version and install it in the place of the new version thus shifting all it’s files into an old version and breaking everything!

…that was weird to type out. I hope that made some kind of sense…

Good morning everyone. Would like to chime in.

Had this happen last night when I saw Battle.net had an update. Clicked the button, got the error.

Went to bed, woke up, and got the error again. Had to “re download” battle.net and now its working again.

My brother last night and me today, I did as post earlier said and downloaded the App and installed again. I am now up and running.

I’d like to know how , a DDoS is where someone attacks another person’s network to limit their ability to access network resources. I don’t see how this app issue is related.

1 Like

Me and my bf also had this problem. Had to reinstall battle net on both computers.

Uninstalling then reinstalling fixed everything just fine. But we both had the same issue on separate devices with separate accounts. So definitely something went wrong in that update.

The Down load worked for me…

Dumb question, but having run into this error when I opened up my computer this morning, and having figured out how to download a new version of battle.net, I’m still left without a desktop icon to click to actually start battle.net. Anyone know how to get that back? Copying the “warcraft launcher” from my World of Warcraft folder and trying to use that gets me another error message with a " BLZBNTAGT00000AF0." Which link is exactly zero help.

I had this issue yesterday. Uninstalled and reinstalled as directed and fixed the problem. This morning it prompted me once again to update and did the exact same thing again. This is tiresome Blizzard. Obviously something wrong with this update, not something on our end, so please get it fixed as I refuse to have to reinstall daily.

3 Likes